Sendle.com - using them for the first time

Hi everyone, any other sellers out there using Sendle on a regular basis? I just used them for the first time to send a large-ish item (about 1.8kg) and their cost is lower than Aus Post, and it's door-to-door Toll courier. Pick up by Toll is scheduled for tomorrow, hopefully all will go well.

Message 1 of 84
Latest reply
83 REPLIES 83

i have signed up with them but have not used them yet     i hope it goes well for you.

Message 2 of 84
Latest reply

Good luck mate, hope it is a success story.  I couldn't use them as Australia Post still comes in cheaper for sending 100g poster tubes.

Message 3 of 84
Latest reply

Toll picked up the package as per the booked pickup day. Need to use the Toll website to see the tracking details, the Sendle site doesn't bring in that info. Looks good so far. Nice thing is the delivery cost includes signature-on-delivery.

Message 4 of 84
Latest reply

lets hope they deliver in good time ,

Message 5 of 84
Latest reply

lets hope they deliver in good time ,  i cant see why all delivered should not be  signed for , you would have less hassel about non deliveries

Message 6 of 84
Latest reply

All courier deliveries are signed for unless the sender gives any other written instructions to the contrary.

If the driver cannot deliver they can leave a card which the receiver can sign to allow delivery to a safe drop spot without a signature.....the signed card is the driver's authority to leave without a signature.

Message 7 of 84
Latest reply

Good news is the package was delivered one day earlier than their estimate, took 4 days, courier picked up on Thursday, and it was delivered today, from Vic to NSW.

Sendle site however doesn't show any tracking info, I had to go to Toll's website to see the tracking details. In fact Sendle doesn't record the tracking number for the delivery at all for some reason, I had to copy the tracking number from the Toll postage label and paste into eBay. On the Sendle site you can't see any of the postage details after your package was picked up by the courier (the link to print the PDF of the postage label disappears), so unless you kept the PDF on your computer or the tracking number somewhere like in eBay, I can't see anywhere to get that info back.

Anyway good experience with Sendle so far, and certainly cheaper than Aus Post for large items.

Message 8 of 84
Latest reply

good news

Message 9 of 84
Latest reply

Sendle is just a business that is large enough to have an account with Toll who will not deal with one off packages from private people.  They are only interested in large commercial accounts.

My worry would be that it is one more person handling your parcel....one more chance of something going wrong.   At least they are using a courier company with a good reputation, insstead of the likes of Fastway.

Message 10 of 84
Latest reply