Setting store listings to quantity zero

Hi all,

being able to set store listings to quantity zero while waiting for new stock and not losing the listings rank, is something Ebay should have implemented a long time ago, as we have been doing this for years now on our website. But difference is the listing is no longer visible only to those who have it on thier watch list until the quantity is revised then is visible to all, all good, but as the seller once the listing is set to quantity zero the listing is unsearchable ,how do you find them again to revise the quantity if you can not see them even in your own store listings ?

Thanks any help would be great

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

We have not tried this yet.

But I had assumed that the listing would still be visible to the listing owner. That would make sense.

Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

To find zero listings:

Go into Selling Manager pro

On the left find "active listings"

Then put them in the order "available quantity" by clicking on the top of that column.

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

Hi,

OK but where is selling manager pro, or is this a add on program ?

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

You have to subscribe, but it is free for store owners.

Site map, selling.

Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

Some sellers jack up the price to a really high amount and leave the up.

Some put a comment in the description that as soon as stock comes in, price will go back to $xx.xx.

You can normally see what they sell for in the BIN.

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

Yes have done that in the past replace the main listing picture with a out of stock back soon , but as we sell internationly some buyers maybe do not understand what that means and still continue to purchase, surely with the zero quantity setting there must be a way in the stock standard store for the store owner to be able to view those items, can understand the buyers not able tosee the listing but surely you shouldbe able to see them yourself.

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

Yes that was how i assumed it would work, but no it totally dissapears from the buyer and owners site, the worry with this that sometimes we mark items as out of stock, then find out is no longer in production, then end the listing, but now the danger is one can easily forget about those listings as not visible to the owner, but continue to pay relisting fees on them forever, a great way for Ebay to make more money out of you on top of every thing else.

Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

The listings remain active, so you can see them in the selling manager view once subscribed (as per the post above).

The listings I have with 0 quantity also remain visible in my store to me, but not to my buyers (I discovered this the other week when an item sold out, but I could still see the listing in my store pages - I wondered why it was still showing, and when I clicked on it just to make sure there was no quantity available, it did have 0. I worried that buyers would get annoyed with seeing items but not being able to buy them, but a couple of days later, one of my regulars for that item messaged me and asked if I was going to get more in stock because she couldn't find it in my store at all....so I presume now that it's only visible to the store owner). 

Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

ausbargain

You don't have an Old Nokia N95 around in your mobile phones do you ?

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply