Setting store listings to quantity zero

Hi all,

being able to set store listings to quantity zero while waiting for new stock and not losing the listings rank, is something Ebay should have implemented a long time ago, as we have been doing this for years now on our website. But difference is the listing is no longer visible only to those who have it on thier watch list until the quantity is revised then is visible to all, all good, but as the seller once the listing is set to quantity zero the listing is unsearchable ,how do you find them again to revise the quantity if you can not see them even in your own store listings ?

Thanks any help would be great

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Hi,

sorry we have not had one of those for years now.

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

Yep that how i expected it to work, not visible to the buyers but remain visible in my store listings, but that is not the case, they have dissapeared from the store listings as well

Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

just thought i'd ask

I pick them up from ebay occasionally. they are very popular.

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

@ausbargainbasement wrote:

Yep that how i expected it to work, not visible to the buyers but remain visible in my store listings, but that is not the case, they have dissapeared from the store listings as well

Are you able to provide the item number on one of your 0 quantity listings? 

Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

OK here is one 281258100792

Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

Hi,

yes i could imagine as to why, as nobody manufacturers a smartphone with a touch screen and a full physical keyboard , if they did sure it would be a winner, as not everyone is comfortable using touch screens only, get a lot of customers asking for phones like that, as i say to them unfortunately noone makes them anymore.

Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

Retro is very popular indeed.

In addition to your reasons, some people just want a basic, no frills phone that makes phone calls and sends texts.

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

Selling Manager Pro is free to store holders but will cost $9.95 per month if you are a non-store holder.

The basic Selling Manager (non pro version) is also available free to non-store holders. We use it on our non-store IDs.

You just don't get all the inventory control stuff and some of the reporting and download options but otherwise it's the same.

But you do need to subscribe to get it tho.

Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

Cheers, can't see any reason why it wouldn't show up in your currently active listings, though, because it's definitely not ended.

Definitely check out Selling Manager, I think it could help, as I can't see out of stock listings in my active selling list in the normal view -  http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/sell/sm-smpro-ov.html

You can subscribe to the pro version for free, and then access the tools it provides by going to My eBay > Account > Selling Manager. When in the SM view, if you click to see all active listings, you can then refine the list to only show out of stock listings as mentioned above. 

Not sure why you can't see the listings in the store view (i.e.the actual store pages that buyers look through), when I can see my 0 quantity listings in my store view, but that would be a question for eBay I think. 

Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

Very true, our most popular phones are not the high end smartphones, but the simple basic ones that as you say only send/recieve calls and text, and plus side of those phone batteries last for days, not just a couple of hours on a smartphone running everthing from facebook to GPS navigation, movies ect, and the occasional phone call in between. Used to sell a N95 look alike sold like hotcakes, even had a TV tuner built in so one could watch anolog TV, later ones even had Digital tuners how cool was that.

Message 20 of 26
Latest reply