So now I am a business Seller/

joz15au
Community Member

A couple of weeks ago I posted that i had lost my three free auto relists on both my ids, seemingly as soon as I accepted the 150 free listings promotion.  I tried several  suggestions made by helpful board members to no avail and still do not have the option showing when listing or relisting.  This morning I have received, for the first time that I can recall, a 'Business Newsletter' from eBay to my main id, so it seems I am now a business seller.  I can't understand why, as this time last year I was selling quite a bit more than I have in the past few months.  I probably average from $300 t0 $500 each month on both ids combined and it tends to be up and down.  My highest ever sales was around last August when all the big freebie promotions were around and I sold $800 in one month, I have never sold more than this.  I have checked my profile which shows that I am an individual seller, doesn't say business anywhere, so I am at a loss to understand what has changed and can only think that something was triggered by my accepting the 150 free listings promotion, although that never happened in the past.  I am reluctant to ring eBay as I'm sure they will just find some way of saying that I am now a business seller for some reason perfectly logical to them and not to me.  I do not purchase wholesale items to re-sell.  I do have some new items listed but these are 'buyer's remorse' items that I purchased for myself (I have been something of a shopaholic in the past) and I rarely have more than one of each item, otherwise the items I list are pre-owned items that I have collected over the years.  In any case this is not something new in my selling habits, it has been the case all along.  I am now concerned that i might lose my 40 free listings each month and am thinking of opening a store on one of the ids to access the additional free listings which would hopefully increase sales enough to pay the fees.  If I do this on one id, will I automatically lose the 40 freebies on the non-store id?   Just not sure what to do going forward, as I seem to sell more of what I list in auction format, but my sales will not support having to pay to relist too many items after 10 days.   Has anyone else had this problem recently?

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: So now I am a business Seller/

Thanks for your input everyone.  I guess I will just have to ride it out and hope they give me back my free relists at some point, or open a store, still thinking about that.  I did have one a few years back and it wasn't very successful so that is holding me back, will wait and see.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

It has been a while since I sold but back then when I reached 100 sales or $1000 in sales within 12 months I was classed as a business.

So going by your sales you have achieved this status.

It doesn't mean that you will lose your 40 free listings per month on the non store acc.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

The business email doesn't mean you're a business. It's sent to everyone who has a store subscription. It's just an unfortunate choice of wording.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Try changing your listings to 30 days instead of 10 days. I don't sell a lot on this ID but my sales have increased since I changed to 30 days.
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

@eezipeezi888 wrote:

It has been a while since I sold but back then when I reached 100 sales or $1000 in sales within 12 months I was classed as a business.

These days that only qualifies you as a Power Seller.

Registering as a business seller is generally up to the individual and is voluntary,(eBay may "request" that you

upgrade to a business account).

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/account/how-to-register-business.html

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

@bluebudgies wrote:
The business email doesn't mean you're a business. It's sent to everyone who has a store subscription. It's just an unfortunate choice of wording.

Thanks for your reply bluebudgies.  I don't have a store subscription, just two non-store accounts, that is why I found the email puzzling.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Thanks for your input everyone.  I guess I will just have to ride it out and hope they give me back my free relists at some point, or open a store, still thinking about that.  I did have one a few years back and it wasn't very successful so that is holding me back, will wait and see.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

You won't lose the 40 freebies a month. They come standard with a non store account.

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply