So....so....quiet.....

Wow, I can't beleive how quiet it is on Ebay at the moment.  Hardly a peep in sales the last few days and it seems to have decreased somewhat over the past couple of months.  Hoping this isn't going to be an ongoing trend for ebay.....

Message 1 of 37
Latest reply
36 REPLIES 36

So....so....quiet.....

Tis a bit depressing I must say

Message 2 of 37
Latest reply

So....so....quiet.....

can't be helped

its winter

the buyerbears are hibernating

Message 3 of 37
Latest reply

So....so....quiet.....

Yeah....I suppose that's right.  Still, much more down on sales than this time last year........

Hopefully some of those tax returns will start coming in Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 37
Latest reply

So....so....quiet.....

Ebay up to their usual nonsense. I have days with a couple of sales and then the next heaps. In the last week I have sent out more orders to the NT than in like 3 years. My guess is it is ebays ranking system stuffing up from time to time with all the "upgrades" but I suspect it is quite more devious. A low rating in delivery time seems to trigger a shift in state. And then theres the "how to improve your listings" emails, which basically shuts hsit down for a couple of days.

Message 5 of 37
Latest reply

So....so....quiet.....

Just thought I would add that I have received the emails and ratings before and sales seem to pick up, but IMO it is some sort of delay that is built into the system (to try to hide it). Ebay made me like this. Overall it seems to average out....

Message 6 of 37
Latest reply

So....so....quiet.....

It does seem that way sometimes.  Same here with the whole "posting to places I've never posted to before" in the last few weeks.

I'd say hopefully they fix it up or even smooth things out to show some improvements.......but not feeling that much hope so far.

Message 7 of 37
Latest reply

So....so....quiet.....

The fact that ebay are throttling accounts is quite documented, and they seem to accomplish it by providing different content to different areas. Just for the sake of argument I have logged into ebay (and the forums) using several different proxy servers and each time I get different results using ebays search engine. 

As a seller I am more concerned with the no defect situation, as in, just a 3 star rating or something. That seems to affect sales more than anything else. The "oh so quietness" was caused by someone leaving a low rating and ebay manually changing the entire system. In my opinion they operate borderline illegally (and not just for market fixing). Talk about the hand that feeds you...As in me.

Message 8 of 37
Latest reply

So....so....quiet.....

They do have the best match thing

Message 9 of 37
Latest reply

So....so....quiet.....

@dylan11235813 wrote:

The fact that ebay are throttling accounts is quite documented, and they seem to accomplish it by providing different content to different areas. Just for the sake of argument I have logged into ebay (and the forums) using several different proxy servers and each time I get different results using ebays search engine. 

As a seller I am more concerned with the no defect situation, as in, just a 3 star rating or something. That seems to affect sales more than anything else. The "oh so quietness" was caused by someone leaving a low rating and ebay manually changing the entire system. In my opinion they operate borderline illegally (and not just for market fixing). Talk about the hand that feeds you...As in me.

I believe you.

The way the throttle can be pushed up or down depending on a good or bad experience really is the pits.

Message 10 of 37
Latest reply