Sold via Ebay, PayPal reversed Buyer transaction without Seller Authorization

Hi All,

I just encountered something that has never happened before since selling on ebay.

A buyer purchased and made payment, it got through as paid in my paypal account. But then a few minutes, Paypal decided to reverese the transaction on its own accord and resulted in me losing a portion of the non-reundable fee as well as the potential business.

A few minutes later, the buyer bought from me again but in less QTY and that one stick (no reversal). 

Normally when a reverse happen after a successful payment, is when the buyer initatiates a refund.

I madening thing is that the seller has to cop the non-refundable fee that the seller pays as part of the reversal. And in this case, I did not initiate the reversal nor did I get informed what happened.

All I got in the mailbox is 2 emails from PayPal saying payment received from Buyer for purchase of 2 items. But in ebay it only showed the buyer as having bought 1 item. PayPal did NOT notify me about the reversed payment or a reason why.

What is happening?

Is this PayPal getting back at ebay for the unsavoury public break up?? If so, please leave the sellers out of this! This kiddies are innocent!

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Sounds more like the buyer somehow ordered two, but only meant to buy one, and only realised after she paid and saw her receipt, that she'd got it wrong.  She may have contacted Paypal and asked them to reverse the payment so she could correct it?

Was it a US sale?  I think there was something a while ago about buyers being able to cancel a sale within an hour without having to go through eBay or the seller?

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

But when I contacted the buyer, she did confirm she wanted 2. But I said you only paid for one and then she was surprised.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

That is strange, have you rung Paypal to ask what happened?

Cheers,

Penny
Message 4 of 4
Latest reply