Some grub stole my entire listing.

cq_tech
Community Member

How's this for a complete and utter grub? I'm selling my camera via auction, ending Sunday (item 141589977631) and I've just noticed that another seller has listed the same camera, but with my images and description, also ending Sunday, but 4 hours earlier. His listing is 261792783888 and there is no doubt that he has stolen my entire listing and simply transposed his details into it, as he even has my camera's unique serial number in his listing!

I've sent him a nasty email and have also reported him to eBay but I'm not expecting anything to be done about it. I just can't believe that anybody would have the cheek to do such a thing. OK, I don't mind if he uses a bit of my descriptive text, but to copy the entire listing, including my images, and put his name on it has really got my back up.

I'm even considering reporting him to the police for possession of stolen goods, as he has my camera's serial number in his listing, and while nothing will come of it, perhaps he'll think twice before doing it again. I feel like creating a throwaway ID and stuffing up his auction on Sunday, except I have a bit more common decency than that (although the more I think about it...).

Typical eBay; attracts nothing but scammers, low-lives and thieves. Who'd bother shopping here any more? I certainly don't.

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Enact "Rule .303" CQ........................

Spoiler
Or you can borrow my Trebuchet..................that'll fix 'em..............

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

Don't you worry, Padi, the thought had definitely crossed my mind (and still is).

Luckily they live in Melbourne and not Brisbane, otherwise it would really hit the fan.

I have absolutely no time for thieves, which is why I absolutely loathe eBay so much. ๐Ÿ˜ž

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Keep in mind his account could be hijacked.

These items are favorites with scammers.

image host
Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

I've put in a report via H & C,(as the report link hasn't got the box as to why it's being reported) good.gif

I "asked" H & C whether it's a hijacked account or if they simply wanted to scam someone.

Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

The most recent time this happened to me I felt ebay didn't take it seriously, so I had to work harder to convince them.

I'd keep onto it - image theft particularly is a pet peeve of mine. When this happens to me I get all the 'fodder' I need

in support, screen shots of both listings, evidence that mine was there first, exif data of images, what ever it takes

to convince ebay that the material is 'mine' and that what is happening is not cool, mentions of taking it further,

copyright council etc etc etc

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

@go-tazz wrote:

I've put in a report via H & C,(as the report link hasn't got the box as to why it's being reported) good.gif

I "asked" H & C whether it's a hijacked account or if they simply wanted to scam someone.

Nice one Corny; thanks for doing that. I sent an email to CS giving them all the relevant information before I discovered that there actually is a link in the report box regarding this issue (as well as sending the member an email asking them if stealing other people's copyrighted material was something they made a habit of doing, because I thought it was a disgusting thing to do and I've reported them to eBay). If they have any shame at all, they'll pull the lsting before Sunday, although I somehow doubt it.

report.jpg

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

Can't believe the audacity of some. It is not like it is a 'stock' description either, it is pretty clear they have copied and

pasted seller's own personal notes too!

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

@chezzy wrote:

The most recent time this happened to me I felt ebay didn't take it seriously, so I had to work harder to convince them.

I'd keep onto it - image theft particularly is a pet peeve of mine. When this happens to me I get all the 'fodder' I need

in support, screen shots of both listings, evidence that mine was there first, exif data of images, what ever it takes

to convince ebay that the material is 'mine' and that what is happening is not cool, mentions of taking it further,

copyright council etc etc etc

There should be no reason for eBay not to take my complaint seriously chezzy, as their own records will indicate when both listings first went up, and they only have to compare the 2 listings side by side to see that they are identical. The fool has even copied my Item Specifics which will at the very least earn him/her a defect for "Item Not As Described" because I've added a number of additional features and accessories to my camera which his won't have, and he's also included them in the item description field as well. He clearly didn't pay too much attention to what he was copying while he did it, because he's even transposed my camera's serial number into his listing as well (I'd like to see him try to explain that one away).

He also states that his camera includes a SDHC card reader, an SD card, a flash diffuser, an HD-S2 HD connection kit, a Fuji Remote Control, all as standard, except they're not. They are all optional accessories, and his camera certainly won't be supplied with any of those extras. The cheeky ba$tard has even copied the listing title, word for word. It will be interesting to see if eBay do their jobs, although I'll be very surprised if they do.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

Oh, you have plenty of fodder. Good luck. Hope the seller doesn't get shirty and imply you should be flattered that someone likes the photos and description enough to borrow them (this happened to me a couple times) *shakes head*

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply