Stores vs General sales FEES

Hi there, Im considering creating a store for my sellers page. Does anyone have an comments regarding the advantages/disadvantages of doing so? Also could someone explain to me the ebay fees in COMPARE STORE COSTS selection please. Just where it says BASIC STORE PACKAGE 200 Fixed Price FREE then scrolling down it says FIXED PRICE INSERTION FEE $0.50 - does that charge only apply once you go over the 200 free listings. Cheers, Dave

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

For a basic store  you pay $19.95 per month and get 200 free fixed price listings, any listings over that number are charged at .50c each for fixed price format, or $1.50 each for auctions. 

Cheers,

Penny
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Hi Dave

Personally I'd wait until I got my feedback up a bit.

You'll be paying for 200 listings but you'll probably be restricted

to 20 until that fb hits 50

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

It depends on your items, how many you have, and a few other things as to whether a store would be more beneficial or not, there's lots of category specific info, as well, which can make things a bit confusing at times.

Fee-wise, since your items are in the toys category, the fee will drop from 9.9% to 8% with a basic store. The 200 free listings that come with a basic store are for fixed price (buy it now) format, in any category, and auctions only within the collectible categories (so doesn't inlcude toys - the FVF in collectible categories only drops to 9.5% with a store, as well). After the 200 free listings are used, each Buy It Now costs 50c, and each auction will cost $1.50, except if in a collectible category, then it will cost $1 (an auction in any other category will cost $1.50 with a store even if you have all your free listings available). 

In general, the primary advantages of a store is that your items can be listed for up to 30 days at a time, or as 'good til cancelled', meaning the listing lasts until sold out or manually ended (they still have a 30 day cycle, so every 30 days the listing ticks over and either uses one of the free listings that comes with a store, or it is charged a new listing fee if you've gone over). These kinds of listings are simple to maintain as long as you keep an eye on stock levels (if you have multiples) and are good for building sales history / best match rankings. Store categories can make it easier to organise your item listings by type, or whatever sub-categories would suit your items, selling manager pro is free if you opt to subscribe, and you can access promotional and discounting tools. 

Disadvantages I suppose would mostly be related to turnover. Store / Buy It Now listings can move slower than regular auctions because they usually only end when someone buys, so no sense of 'missed opportunity' by a clock ticking down, but IMO that's becoming less and less an issue, especially if an item is readily available most of the time. 

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Thanks for the input, appreciated.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Depends how much stuff you want to be selling I guess. If you're happy listing 40 free items a month, stick with that. I'd say only if you're selling most of that then it's a good idea to move up to a store.
Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

It's a bit more involved than that. Stores attract lesser fees (including postage), have the ability to list for 30 days or GTC, have a minimum of 200 free BIN listings per month...

So the 40 free, max 10 day, listings may or may not provide a baseline. As you don't have a store, I suspect you have NFI.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Don't worry, I did know about the discounted fees and everything. It just seems to me that stores are only for people who have several hundred listings at once, which I was trying to get across in my other post ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Do you need an ABN number to open an ebay store?

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

no

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply