Survival of the Fittest Selling Tips

Just thought I would start a more generic selling tip thread for the sellers board.

Please don't move this Tip Thread mods, the purpose of this thread is to discuss and post Selling Tips and is intended to cover subject matter that is broader than the things outlined in the eBay spring announcement.  It is also meant to be specific to those that sell only.   Thank you Cat Happy

Thanks to pennys practices outlined on another thread, from today I now no longer create and save eBay labels for my own records, but take a photo with smart phone of my computer screen showing the eBay label after it is generated - takes 2 seconds, compared to quite a few more to download and save a pdf Cat Happy    No writing or other paperwork is involved which makes me very happy.

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Photo background removal tip, try Clipping Magic, an online program, there are subscription fees per number of photos, but it is the easiest and quickest program of its type that I have ever come across.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

I can't take credit for that cats, as I said in the other post,  it was suggested by another member a couple of weeks back and I adopted it from there.  I can't remember whose idea it was now, and I don't know how to search these forums.

Cheers,

Penny
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

You took the time though to share this tip with others though in the other thread in a way that provided me with  some inspiration to adapt it to my own selling, so thanks are well deserved I think.

My next adaptation will be to apply for and trial merchant credit card facilities and see how that goes.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

postages Savings hint.

Use the ebay postage for accessed 500 gram 7.20 Australia post and get  72 cents back  valid till 31st December, in your own bag 

larger items less than 500 grams , turn tour ebay 3 kilo satchal inside out  and post as your own bag. 

Hope this helps.

Anthony

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

I have a quasi-suggestion...which I'm posting here as I felt it the most appropriate thread, even though it doesn't offer any tips, and also because I'm unlikely to be able to do this myself any time in the immediate future and there might be someone out there who is curious enough. 

I think a lot of sellers concerned about upcoming policy changes have sought clarification from either eBay or PayPal about how it will work, what will be required from them in specific circumstances etc.

I think it would be very interesting to make the same enquiries from the buyer's perspective, just to see if / how the information sits together, as it were. It might also provide some alternative insight into how these new processes will work, and subsequently give a few more ideas for how to adjust.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply