Suspended account

WOW!!!! I can not believe the total disregard eBay has for their sellers.

Firstly I have been selling on eBay for a number of years now and use it to supplement my income. I have sold countless items and pay well in-excess of $1000 per month in eBay fees.

Anyway several days ago I had an account locked, no problem I thought and went through to reset password protocols to unlock my account. The only explanation given was surspisious activity.

A day later another account was locked then got suspended indefinitely. It was an account I hardly used so let it slide.

The same day my main account was locked, so I rang eBay and asked them why. They told me suspicious activity but wouldn't elaborate and unlocked my account.

The next day my main account was suspended. I rang eBay again and they told me that they somehow linked my account with my ex's account (ex from 6 years ago) and that I needed to pay her overdue fees to get my account un-suspended. Well that didn't go down well and after some arguing they agreed to un-suspend my account.

Low and behold the following day my account is suspended again. NOT HAPPY JAN!!!!! I rang them again and this time they tell me they have an issue with one of my listings. No problem I say pull it down, I won't list like that again. But no they tell me I and my account are permanently banned from eBay. I ask to talk to the supervisor and go through the **bleep** all again but he tells me they can't reinstate my account because they can't contact the people who make decisions about banned accounts. WHAT!!!!!! COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWN.

Anyway to make things even worse just before my account was suspended I sold 3 items and have been payed for them but I can't access any shipping details to send the items to the buyers. I tell this to eBay and their response is well that's just to bad we can't give out that information.

Is this what eBay has come to?

I am left with no other choice but to setup fake accounts to sell my items.

Really some other conglomerate needs to setup a site just like eBay but with just a little more communication, they would make a killing.

Sellers are left with no customer support here as its all about the buyer and frankly because of this I see more frequently, scamming buyers trying new tactics to rip off us sellers.

F U eBay you have made an enemy of me.

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Suspended account

The shipping info of your buyers should have also gone to your email address.

And if they paid via paypal you would still be able to log in to paypal and gain their info from there.

Ebay inbox is just one way of obtaining that info.

Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Suspended account

I hope you don't intend starting to sell on this account? If you do then you will have no hope of ever getting ebay to reinstate your selling account.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Suspended account

Is that all it was? really, just a problem with one listing? What was your feedback like? were you given any warnings? Were you watching your dsr's.

I certainly hope that if ebay is really looking to get rid of its small sellers, I wish they would just come out and tell us.

Give us a chance to clear out our stock, not buy any more etc.

Maybe they just want everyone off so they have to go to gumtree and then they can float gumtree and make more money that way..maybe they know they can't get away with the tax breaks much longer or whatever they are up to, and need to get rid of everyone.. but doing it slowly so as not to cause too much outrage or get too much attention..

Come on ebay, be fair, let us know what is really the plan?

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Suspended account

Do they ever reinstate an account which has been suspended?

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Suspended account

@ajarnjenny wrote:

Do they ever reinstate an account which has been suspended?

Only if you are repeatedly reported for shill bidding. They will even reinstate some of your shilling accounts so you can continue to defraud people. If you are an honest seller, you have no hope.

Moral of the story, break as many rules as you can. It's the only way to remain safe from suspension.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Suspended account

My feedback was 100%, happy customers too date.

I honestly don't now what their up to but they have just made themselves look like a joke and I will be looking elsewhere to sell items. Might even start my own website and put more money in my own pocket instead of paying eBay for a **bleep** service.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Suspended account

Probably me, but I can't even remotely see why e-bay would take someone with 100% happy customers and paying them $1000 a month in fees and for no reason shut their accounts down.

I have read and re read the thread but still it doesn't make sense to bite off the hand feeding you. I would have to say there is a bit more to this then meets the eye.

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Suspended account

Exactly what I was thinking redneck. There has to be more to it. Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Suspended account

Really some other conglomerate needs to setup a site just like eBay but with just a little more communication, they would make a killing.

If it was that simple, I would say it been done already...

Message 10 of 12
Latest reply