THRIFTSHOP88 - Well guys to my surprise the vintage Oroton bag didn't go off - Have relisted

Have relisted with modifications to postage.

cheers

THRIFTSHOP888

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

THRIFTSHOP88 - Well guys to my surprise the vintage Oroton bag didn't go off - Have relisted

HI  THRIFTSHOP88,

I just had a look at your items, more at the photographs than the description.  The photo's are much clearer! Well Done.

I know from experience, it is quite hard photographing with clothes.  You have to dress, undress the mannequin, and any creases show up in photo's, but there is 110% improvement.

With your heading for item 271793263900 , I would put more information, so it is easier to be found.  Example, Womens / Ladies size 8 shirt top cotton white small  blouse  bohemiam boho etc etc

I may have put too much in the heading, but it means you are easier to be found for women who are looking for this style.

Keep up the good work

Retrovintage

View solution in original post

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

Good luck!  

And now you can take the time to revise your other listings to include measurements and other improvements suggested.  Smiley Happy

Message 2 of 21
Latest reply

@thriftshop888 wrote:

cheers

THRIFTSHOP888

ah well, better luck this time. It just goes to show, that having all those watchers, doesn't mean a bidding frenzy. Ps. Your Empire Ware Vase, is listed in Metal Ware ? Think it may do better if listed in Pottery - Porcelain. ๐Ÿ™‚ Some clearer photos may be needed.  Good luck and enjoy. 

Message 3 of 21
Latest reply

like to throw my 2 cents worth in also ...........lol

Try using a tripot with camera until you get steady hands ....

Plain background in photo too ..

Use a sheet or large box .....

Blurred pictures won't sell your items .....

cheer's

Message 4 of 21
Latest reply

@horizon1907 wrote:

@thriftshop888 wrote:

cheers

THRIFTSHOP888

ah well, better luck this time. It just goes to show, that having all those watchers, doesn't mean a bidding frenzy. Ps. Your Empire Ware Vase, is listed in Metal Ware ? Think it may do better if listed in Pottery - Porcelain. ๐Ÿ™‚ Some clearer photos may be needed.  Good luck and enjoy. 

anothe point Thriftshop...... the Adam Bennet shirt, no measurements, only One poor quality photo and its listed in Dresses  ??

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
~~ ~~ ~~ Those who do right, have nothing to fear.
Message 5 of 21
Latest reply

Re the Handbag listing - the third photo (inside the bag) is way too blurry to be of  any use to people looking at your listing. 

Needs to be replaced very soon with a very clear one, so prospective buyers can see the condition of the inside of the bag.

Any tags inside the bag you can take photos of? Ones that state it is genuine leather, brand name etc?

I am wondering if prospective buyers are a bit suspicious whether this bag is genuine Oroton or not as it would be worth much more than list price if it is genuine brand, leather and in good condition.

Bag listing - 

Sold As Is - that is misleading. The seller is responsible for describing the item they are selling and if it is not as described accurately, the buyer can seek a refund for item cost & postage costs via eBay money back guarantee from the seller.

I also would remove any references to 'thrift shop'... it signals you bought the bag from a thrift shop and don't know for sure if it is genuine Oroton.

Message 6 of 21
Latest reply

Please check photos for condition. Inside lining of the bag is damaged, shows scuff marks commensurate with age.

As mentioned above the photo of the inside of the bag is not in anyway clear enough to show any detail inside the bag.

What sort of damage inside - rips,tears, liquid stains or dirty marks? These are the things buyers want to know before they buy.

The outside of the bag - the leather looks quite worn in places.. have you pointed that out, and shown close up photos of it?

Message 7 of 21
Latest reply

to be honest i would never buy anything that clothing is just thrown down and not presented flat and not wrinkled.  Plus you cant make anything out every photo is blurred!!  

Message 8 of 21
Latest reply

I would also remove the bit about the 200 views and not selling. Buyers might wonder what's wrong with it if so many people looked and no-one bought.

Re the photos, I agree with the others. I have a slight tremor in my hands and sometimes have difficulties getting clear photos. Most of my photos are taken with my phone, so I'll sit the phone on the floor and take the shots side on. If I want to get the top of something, I lay it on its side. So if I wanted to photograph the inside of the bag, I'd have someone hold it open, sit the phone on a flat surface in front of it and then take the shot. Take lots of shots until you get a good one. Sometimes it can take me 20 shots before I get a good one.

There looks to be some marks on the outside of the bag. Get some close ups of that. Buyers can be very picky and if they see even the tiniest thing that isn't mentioned, they will try to hang you. You need to describe absolutely everything and take as many close ups as you can of any defects. That way if a buyer tries to get you for not as described because there was a scuff on the side that wasn't mentioned, you have photos to prove that it was there. 

Saying something is marked as being consistant with age isn't that good either. Some people can destroy a bag in 6 months, others could have the same bag for 20 years and it still looks like new. Better to point out ALL the faults, all the scuffs, any pulled or broken threads, and dents, any anything that wasn't there when it was new. You won't turn genuine buyers off, but you will save yourself from a buyer trying to claim not as described, a negative feedback and a defect, which with 0 feedback, you absolutely don't want!

You may we have had a lot of lookers but no buyers due to having zero feedback. We all had to start somewhere, but some buyers are suspicious of low/zero feedback, especially when selling brand name items. If you are finding you continue to get lots of lookers but no sales, but some $1 items from some Chinese sellers to get some feedback. You can often get pendant beads for $1 or less. If you buy one or 2 from a few different sellers, you can get some feedback as a lot will leave feedback as soon as you pay, especially the high volume sellers. They are also something that can be resold.

It's all a learning curve. Please don't think anyone here is being nasty, we all just want to help you on the right path. There are a lot of very experienced sellers here, who are here to help. You've taken the right step by coming here. You can learn a lot quickly, as opposed to learning the hard way like a lot of us did.

Good luck!

Message 9 of 21
Latest reply

Agreed - you don't have to be a photographer, but you need better images - even simply hanging a top or dress on a hanger, white background, back and front views - and measurements, measurements, measurements !

Have a look at another clothing sellers store and see what they have done to give you an idea.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 10 of 21
Latest reply