THRIFTSHOP88 - Well guys to my surprise the vintage Oroton bag didn't go off - Have relisted

Have relisted with modifications to postage.

cheers

THRIFTSHOP888

Message 1 of 21
Latest reply
20 REPLIES 20

THRIFTSHOP88 - Well guys to my surprise the vintage Oroton bag didn't go off - Have relisted

Hi all you good and well meaning advice givers,

In this case you are flogging a dead horse!

Not only that the OP doesn't have anything worth buying even if she had perfect pictures and measurements - she has obviously not taken any notice of any of the well meaning advice.

She only had  like a whole day to make some changes (and she is in a dire need to make them) - but  midnight is approaching and still not a single change or added info in the listings.

If I didn't know any better - this is almost begining to look like that all she wanted to do is bring everyone's attention on the boards that she's selling a handbag -  the post wasn't  because she wanted any advice.

Message 11 of 21
Latest reply

Good point, hadn't thought of that fix.......

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 12 of 21
Latest reply

I think you are assuming a lot there.

They may not of had a chance today to read this thread.

The might have been in the  process of taking new photos, they might not...

Message 13 of 21
Latest reply

am*3

Really?

You think so?

But of course - you must be right!

I am assuming a lot - she most likely is busy doing all that, measuring and taking pics - even as we speak - but one thing has struck me as glaringly obvious:

Total lack of any response and thank you's to those who were trying to help.

But then again - maybe she's fixing to do that tomorrow.

Message 14 of 21
Latest reply

fixwear, I suggest you scroll down till you come to the OP's first thread where much the same advice was given.  She answered each and every post individually and seemed grateful for the advice given.

I too am a little disappointed that she has not actioned any of the the advice, especially on the bag which has been relisted with the same photos but I really don't think it is fair to question her motives for posting as you have done.

Message 15 of 21
Latest reply

THRIFTSHOP888 - I have now read through everyones comments and realize that the best thing to do is just end the listing for the bag. I agree with you all that it's misleading. There seems to be a lot of lawyers on ebay.  I have taken all your advice on board re changing the other listings and acknowledge that I've been far too slow in doing so. 

Cheers

Message 16 of 21
Latest reply

but I really don't think it is fair to question her motives for posting as you have done.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Agree - how could anyone know what her situation is or what the demands on her time are.  Let's be a little kinder, supportive  and empathetic here.

Message 17 of 21
Latest reply

@fixnwear wrote:

am*3

Really?

You think so?

But of course - you must be right!

I am assuming a lot - she most likely is busy doing all that, measuring and taking pics - even as we speak - but one thing has struck me as glaringly obvious:

Total lack of any response and thank you's to those who were trying to help.

But then again - maybe she's fixing to do that tomorrow.

Jumped the gun?

Message 18 of 21
Latest reply

@thriftshop888 wrote:

THRIFTSHOP888 - . There seems to be a lot of lawyers on ebay.

Not sure what you mean by that comment but there are a few mwmbers with legal training who post on the boards.

On the other hand, if you are referring to all the members who post who know and understand the ebay/paypal rules and policies then you are also right.  We would not be here giving advice if we had no knowledge or experience.

You can usually get faster and more accurate answers from the boardies than you can from ebay or paypal directly.

There are also the Bush Lawyers who think the know it all.....you will soon learn to pick them out from the crowd.

Message 19 of 21
Latest reply

HI  THRIFTSHOP88,

I just had a look at your items, more at the photographs than the description.  The photo's are much clearer! Well Done.

I know from experience, it is quite hard photographing with clothes.  You have to dress, undress the mannequin, and any creases show up in photo's, but there is 110% improvement.

With your heading for item 271793263900 , I would put more information, so it is easier to be found.  Example, Womens / Ladies size 8 shirt top cotton white small  blouse  bohemiam boho etc etc

I may have put too much in the heading, but it means you are easier to be found for women who are looking for this style.

Keep up the good work

Retrovintage

Message 20 of 21
Latest reply