Targeted by another Ebayer or system issue. Constant delisting of a particular auction

eCan anyone help. Numerous emails no answered by Ebay. Even feedback survey sent to me even though no-one respond. Have tried to list a particular auction of 3 model diecast cars. Other auctions ok. This particular auction has been delisted 3 times now. First 2 times on a fabrication that I discouraged payment options. I clearly stated I accept paypal (one in question) but can only accept cash on local pick up.

The item I am selling is a diecast car.. Not other please read on

Last one is the best one here is Ebay's automated response... " The item you are selling is a diecast car and it was listed in the following category: "Toys, Hobbies > Diecast Vehicles > Cars, Trucks & Vans." As per our Listing Policies, sellers must choose categories that best match their items for sale. This makes it easier for buyers to find relevant items in a search. To avoid confusion, please select a category that best suits the item in your listing. The appropriate category would be: Toys, Hobbies > Diecast Vehicles > Other Diecast You are welcome to relist the item with the necessary revisions "  

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Like what the....  I'm selling a diecast car in a diecast car category. so thats a violation to cancel my auction.

believe it might be another Ebay person targetting this particular auction and reporting. Or it might be wording overall.

Now it is relisted a 4th time.

Can anyone help?   Ebay have not responded as yet to numerous emails and there is no online support anymore.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Targeted by another Ebayer or system issue. Constant delisting of a particular auction

You can still ring ebay, you get there through the Customer Support link, follow the trail until you get the number to call.

You most certainly breached policy by saying that you would only accept cash for a pick up item, even though a buyer would be daft to use it unless they had inspected the goods first you are not allowed to refuse or discourage them from paying with Paypal.

I would be choosing the cat and the exact wording and running it past T&S before listing.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

luna-2304
Community Member

The eBay Community Boards is a place for eBay members to help and connect with other members. If you need assistance from eBay directly, please contact Customer Support.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks PJ but respectful disagree. Listing stated I accpet paypal too and funny enough the exact wording I had used on the first 2 listings is exactly how Ebay had told me in the past to word it..

Reason being as a seller, the main pitfall with paypal & local pick up is that if a buyer buys your goods, then pays by paypal to then request to come to your house and collect. It exposes a major protection flaw for a seller. The buyer can leave with the goods. Later lodge a claim with Paypal of non receipt of goods. You have NO tracking number, Buyer will win claim and get his money back too. Your kiss your goods and money away.

Have had a long discussion with Ebay regarding this and they confirmed the flaw. The wording was done with their help. Reason -  I had an ebay buyer ages ago try that on me. Refused local pick up and in the end charged him postage and sent the item. And lucky I sent it by registered post 🙂 Tried to say he didnt receive goods. When Aust post provided tracking/receipt confirmation, Went oh a other family member accepted delivery immediately and apparently forgot to tell him.

I actually like paypal for its speed of payment.

- Yep will be calling them, found the number through internet search. Couldnt find number on Ebay site. have 1800088741

Also the exact auction, that had been relisted on the 3rd accassion (and had reworded the payment issue "fixed") was then taken off for a perceived category error (its the same one used by many others for the same product). Even same item by other Ebayers. It was in the correct caetgory. Thats when I thought it has to be another ebayer. Any ideas PJ or anyone else?

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

Thanks Luna,

Not previously mentioned, I Initially sent 2 emails no reply from Ebay. Then I got a survey what I thought of their service?!. Advised poorly and stated the reasons and would still like a reply to my problem.

Then I have sent another 3 emails still no reply. Have searched intensively on Ebay, no number could be found. Just the generic responses that don't help.

Do you or anyone else have a direct link to where they provide their number? Only found one through a Google search.

Honestly Luv using Ebay think its the best product/service on the market to buy & sell items. When something goes sour, its a matter of working through it to resolve and avoid that pitful next time. Learn as you go along.

I use to love their online help and was fantastic to type and talk. Some really good Ebay operators. Miss it.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

Go to 'Customer Support' (top right hand corner) then select 'Contact eBay tab NOT 'Find an Answer'. Hover over 'Selling' and click on 'Relisting an Item'. You will be given 3 options - Call eBay, have them call you and online chat.

Your scenario for having a buyer pick up an item then put in a PayPal claim for 'Item Not Received'  is incorrect - there is no PayPal buyer or seller protection for pick-up goods.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

trulyspecial, the scenario can happen BUT it will not be successful if the seller knows to ring paypal and tell them that it was a Pickup Only item.

It would appear that the OP did not know what to do and the buyer was able to bluff their way through.

The buyer can also do a bank chargeback if they funded their payment with a credit card or Visa debit card.

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

Awesome. Thank TSG.

Found online support - off an running to hopefully get to the bottm of the issue at hand

Oh for local pickup issue I had, it was one of the options available. Ebay confirmed to me in that particular issue I had, I was exposed to a "possible" claim via paypal as the item was listed to be posted as well as an option to local pick up in my description.  Not listed as a local pick up only item.

Thinking further, if a person lists on Ebay an item only as only a local pick up does that negate buyer or seller protection? I perfer to avoid such listings if buying if I want the item posted. I like the buyer/seller protection in place by Ebay/Paypal. Always work within it.

But that is good to know for local pick only regarding paypal. Wasnt aware of that. Will do some research as down the track have some large items I can not post to list. Prefer Payapl for its ease of funds receipt.

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

Yes, if an item is listed as Pickup Only and there is no postage on the invoice then neither the selller nor the buyer has paypal protection.

You still have to offer a safe payment option but you can say in the listing that cash on pickup is preferred.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Inetersting, out of the blue, I recieved an email from ebay stating that the delisting due to error of category was warranted !

I listed a diecast car in a the "diecast cars,trucks & vans" apparently and with no explanation they said that was wrong and decision was warranted to delist my item. Should be in "diecast other".

UNBELIEVABLE. So I have asked a please explain when a diecast car does not belong in "diecast cars,truck & vans" category as 90% of all listing of diecast cars then are wrong by many sellers !

I am at a total lost. It makes no sense. Oh and it was someone that reported it. Not a system issue.

You wonder what some people have to gain especially on a particular legitmate product being taken off the ebay market. Are they selling something similar??? I dont know

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply