Technical issues of 14/9

Apparently in the 'General Announcements' this morning there is one about the latest 'Technical Issues' of last night (I presume) but when I click to open it, I can't access it. Anyone else?

If anyone has managed to open it. If so, what is the gist, please?

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Technical issues of 14/9

***Updated: UPDATE: Technical Issues***     

15 September 2014 | 10:35AM EST

For a few hours today, some of our eBay users around the world experienced issues when visiting our site and contacting customer service.

As of 10:45am PT (3:45am AEST) today, the vast majority of site functionality had been restored.

We never want our customers to experience any issues. But when things don't go as planned, like today, we work to make it right for our customers. We sincerely apologize for any impact this may have caused. In the next day or two, eBay teams will be in touch directly with affected sellers to provide them with additional information.

Regards,
The eBay Team

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/au/201409151035402.html

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Technical issues of 14/9

***Updated: UPDATE: Technical Issues***     

15 September 2014 | 10:35AM EST

For a few hours today, some of our eBay users around the world experienced issues when visiting our site and contacting customer service.

As of 10:45am PT (3:45am AEST) today, the vast majority of site functionality had been restored.

We never want our customers to experience any issues. But when things don't go as planned, like today, we work to make it right for our customers. We sincerely apologize for any impact this may have caused. In the next day or two, eBay teams will be in touch directly with affected sellers to provide them with additional information.

Regards,
The eBay Team

http://www2.ebay.com/aw/au/201409151035402.html

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Technical issues of 14/9

Thanks !

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Technical issues of 14/9

Not acceptable if buyers wanted to be able to take advantage of the 15% off offer yesterday and weren't unable to log in to buy something.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Technical issues of 14/9

The 15% offer finishes at 11.59pm tonight so hopefully buyers will try again today or tonight.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Technical issues of 14/9

It seems to have varied in some areas and for some users, but from about 8:30 last night, I could not access any Ebay listings or search. No one seems to have been able to log in on the site. I could access MyEbay and my selling text list. Sniping programmes appear to have been able to log in bids, as I got a lot of sniping action on postcards that I had finishing from 8:30 last night, but I have not encountered anyone yet who could physically bid or pay. I was able to access auctions and search again at about 1:45 am this morning.

No real damage to the 15% birthday celebrations discounts on fixed price sales, just to smaller seller's auctions and livelihoods.

Regards, Kevin

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Technical issues of 14/9

There is a general announcement from ebays technical team which says the problems where caused by "power storage systems" at some of their technical facilities. They claim it was fixed by around 3.30 am EST. It affected sites in the UK and USA as well as Australia.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Technical issues of 14/9

@bigbrickshop wrote:

The 15% offer finishes at 11.59pm tonight so hopefully buyers will try again today or tonight.

True, but it shouldn't be difficult to buy an item 24/7.

I tried to buy something online (non-eBay) recently and the site had tech difficulties, gave up after several attempts in the same hour.

The offer is promoted as a 'Sunday' offer, if people don't read the terms and conditions they may not know this weeks offer was extended to Mon midnight.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Technical issues of 14/9

According to the article in the UK's Daily Mail, lots of websites were affected, not just eBay, but it was noticed more on eBay because of the higher volume of traffic. They seem to think it will keep happening due to the internet running out of storage space (or something like that).

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Technical issues of 14/9

The 15 % offer is extended till midnight Tuesday now.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply