The Writing is on the Wall

It has been such a bad two weeks with returns, never had this much in 12 months than I have had in the past 10 days.

I think perhaps the buyers are already aware that they hold the power.

Dress is the wrong colour cream, my boobs are too big for the tunic, it just doesn't look right on me, its lovely but I look too big etc. etc. etc.

You can't say no, or you risk a neg (defect), you shouldn't say yes because you're not a Shopping Mall where you get to try before you decide to buy.

Totally Screwed whatever way you choose to deal with it.

I had already decided that certain products I would cease to sell on the 1st November as they would cause me too much grief and be possible avenues for scammers to claim INAD, keep the item and get the refund (perfume and cosmetics).

But I thought my BNWT items were safe, but maybe not, now buyers can purchase, try on at home and decide its not right for them and get a refund, with possibly not even returning the item.

Not sure where to go from here, if this is happening now, how will it be from the 1st November.

4,000 in fees a month will maybe buy me some stress free environment elsewhere.

I would really be interested to know if  other clothing sellers are striking the same trend.

Message 1 of 13
Latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

It may be ?? If it was a change of mind with the buyer, you could let them know that if they wish to cancel the transaction they can. Make sure though, your buyer accepts that it's their decision and not yours.  Just a thought. 🙂 

Message 2 of 13
Latest reply

Yes thanks for that, I do a mutual cancellation, buyer changed their mind, and I don't refund until they accept it.

Message 3 of 13
Latest reply

That's the way it works. At least your $ back. 

Message 4 of 13
Latest reply

I won't be listing come 1st November. I sell mainly clothes and there are just too many avenues for buyers to complain.

Message 5 of 13
Latest reply

@garfield_53 wrote:

It has been such a bad two weeks with returns, never had this much in 12 months than I have had in the past 10 days.

I think perhaps the buyers are already aware that they hold the power.

Dress is the wrong colour cream, my boobs are too big for the tunic, it just doesn't look right on me, its lovely but I look too big etc. etc. etc.

You can't say no, or you risk a neg (defect), you shouldn't say yes because you're not a Shopping Mall where you get to try before you decide to buy.

Totally Screwed whatever way you choose to deal with it.

I had already decided that certain products I would cease to sell on the 1st November as they would cause me too much grief and be possible avenues for scammers to claim INAD, keep the item and get the refund (perfume and cosmetics).

But I thought my BNWT items were safe, but maybe not, now buyers can purchase, try on at home and decide its not right for them and get a refund, with possibly not even returning the item.

Not sure where to go from here, if this is happening now, how will it be from the 1st November.

I would really be interested to know if  other clothing sellers are striking the same trend.

Oh dear God (all of them).

At what time will buyers wake up to themselves as adults capable of making decisions.

Those decisions are THEIRS.

Are they made reading descriptions a seller goes to great pains explaining?.

Are they just the colourful photos that look terribly inviting - between TV ads?.

Are the seller's terms & conditions read & taken into account & considered?.

NO.

But if I purchase on eBat & pay through PayPat I can just get my $$$$$ returned - keep my impulse purchase & simply do it again - tomorrow night - during the same boring ads.

eBay just does not function as an online site anymore - there are too many 'policies' to make it a viable buyer or for that matter seller opportunity.

Makes sense to get in the car & enjoy a few hours shopping where one can see the product, feel the product, choose a colour, check for defectsc - etc etc etc.

Instead of the constant brawling of 'I didn't get what I thought I was getting' - mind blowing, rubbish.

Hello - you didn't bother to even read.

Message 6 of 13
Latest reply

@garfield_53 wrote:

Of course!

Message 7 of 13
Latest reply

exactly - look at the picture - look at the price - buy it - then not as described. How do they even know that when they haven't even bothered to read it.

i had someone buy a bracelet rack. i didn't put the size in. She didn't ask what the size was. Then left item not as described because she thought it would be bigger than it was. I get a defect and have done nothing wrong. She had the chance to ask, but never did and i get the defect. Go figure!

Message 8 of 13
Latest reply

@casbit33 wrote:

exactly - look at the picture - look at the price - buy it - then not as described. How do they even know that when they haven't even bothered to read it.

i had someone buy a bracelet rack. i didn't put the size in. She didn't ask what the size was. Then left item not as described because she thought it would be bigger than it was. I get a defect and have done nothing wrong. She had the chance to ask, but never did and i get the defect. Go figure!

Don't be afraid.

My items - they ask for at least 3 photos - how many sides does a coin have.

As said prior - will throw in a holiday shot - if needed to make up 3.

I describe - image, date, age, size, colour, yet, still get.

OH NOT AS BIG AS I THOUGHT.

or

THOUGHT IT WAS SILVER?????

Going to bed, not at all worried, all part of the rich tapestry of life.

Message 9 of 13
Latest reply

Ha....just love your sense of humour

Message 10 of 13
Latest reply