The dumbest message I have had by far!!!!

I just had a message from a buyer asking if I would replace a pair of boots he purchased over 8 months ago because they are falling apart. Seriously......I wish my shoes would last 8 months.

What's the dumbest message or question anyone has been asked?

Lets all have a bit of a laugh.............

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

full points for trying!

I can just imagine his mumma, all those years ago, saying " if you don't try, you will never know"...

Message 2 of 45
Latest reply

@allsafetysolutions1 wrote:

I just had a message from a buyer asking if I would replace a pair of boots he purchased over 8 months ago because they are falling apart. Seriously......I wish my shoes would last 8 months.

What's the dumbest message or question anyone has been asked?

Lets all have a bit of a laugh.............

Tell him, Yes. If he sends them back in EXACTLY the same condition as they were sent 8 long mumphs ago. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 45
Latest reply

Damn it........I should have written that. That's GOLD.
Message 4 of 45
Latest reply

What type of boots were they OP?.

For example, I notice you sell Blundstones, that if purchased from a licensed reseller come with a manufacturers 2 year extended warranty ??

I don't find it ridiculous for a buyer to pursue replacement or a refund for goods that are widely promoted in the real world as being made to last and endure with normal wear.

Message 5 of 45
Latest reply

Hey cats, he didn't actually mention what boots, but I buy from a reseller and I know that these boots are a slow moving item for them. They have been sitting on the shelf for a while so probably the warranty is out of date anyhow.
I will always refund, replace etc if the customer has an issue, not a problem, but I just thought it was odd as I have never had that question before. I did say to him to call the manufacturer and ask about a replacement.
Message 6 of 45
Latest reply

Thanks for clarifying Cat Happy

buyer could be a bozo

or they might have a genuine complaint.... hard to tell sometimes, though I find the majority of buyers are very, very reasonable 

Message 7 of 45
Latest reply

yeah, could be a genuine complaint, but unfortunately, I have only 14 days to return any items to my suppliers for a refund, replacement. In saying that, I would have taken them back if it was say 1-2 months ago and replaced them free of charge. But 8 months ago, how do I know what he has been doing with them.
So I am going with the bozo theory......LOL.
Message 8 of 45
Latest reply

Some years ago now I bought a pair of good name brand work shoes. I paid $140 at Myer for Hush Puppies.

I thought they should last quite a while as they were only being used as work shoes in an office environment.

6-months later the uppers started to come apart and the sole of one of them split open.

I took them back to Myer and they had the Hush Puppy rep take a look on his next visit.

He agreed that even after 6-months of every day wear that should not have happened so they gave me a replacement pair.

The second pair lasted for several years even until my redundancy. I still have them to this day even tho now I don't go to office work any more.

So I guess my point is that sometimes there could be a singular defect in the manufacture process. I expected that a name brand shoe should last much longer and the manufacturer agreed.

Message 9 of 45
Latest reply

Yep totally agree. That's why I told him to call the manufacturer, hopefully he can get another pair through them.
Message 10 of 45
Latest reply