The dumbest message I have had by far!!!!

I just had a message from a buyer asking if I would replace a pair of boots he purchased over 8 months ago because they are falling apart. Seriously......I wish my shoes would last 8 months.

What's the dumbest message or question anyone has been asked?

Lets all have a bit of a laugh.............

Message 1 of 45
Latest reply
44 REPLIES 44

I was under the impression that under Australian consumer law, it is up to the seller (Any Australian registered business) to fix a problem with a product, you cannot tell a consumer to take it up with the manufacturer or distributor, and all products must perform as expected (including having a reasonable working life). I would expect that if I were buying work boots they would hold up for more than 8 months.

Just trying to remember the legal part of my business course, I could be wrong.

Latest reply

Before someone chimes in, consumer law only applies to businesses, not private sellers. But there are precedences, so really, they can apply to private sellers too.

If they were advertised as "new", I would expect them to last longer than 8 months too. Being a reseller is irrelevant.

Message 12 of 45
Latest reply

Shoes that have been sitting on the shelf for a while will fall apart quicker that is why they have only lasted the buyer 8 months.

There was a big stink about these shoes not long ago falling apart because of this reason(sitting on the shelf for a while)

Message 13 of 45
Latest reply

Depends on the price ie $5 from Kmart or $120 from Myer. You would want the $120 pair to last longer. If item has been sitting on the shelf for ages then are they considered brand new? The retailer is where you go for a refund. The manufacturer will direct you back to the retailer for a refund / etc which has been my experience with faulty shoes.
Message 14 of 45
Latest reply

@allsafetysolutions1 wrote:

I just had a message from a buyer asking if I would replace a pair of boots he purchased over 8 months ago because they are falling apart. Seriously......I wish my shoes would last 8 months.

What's the dumbest message or question anyone has been asked?

Lets all have a bit of a laugh.............

Had one this week on an auction item with $70 start. Two messages from an id with numbers and "ripoff" as the name. First message read   "giv u 50 bucks". After a nice polite reply saying the item had a number of watchers and several questions my hopefull buyer responds with. " $70 bucks then  u end auction now." Believe it or not my response was still polite but thinking BBL might be the way to go.

Message 15 of 45
Latest reply

I think my weirdest question was "what colour is the green malachite bead?". No, it wasn't April 1 either.

Message 16 of 45
Latest reply

dumbest question ever was if i posted my item to all states in australia. well, yeah. i live here, so why not include every state ??

Message 17 of 45
Latest reply

Some States have restrictions on certain items so not a dumb question at all .
Message 18 of 45
Latest reply

Just thought I would let you all know, that the customer messaged me back and said "he will try and call the manufacturer". Because I haven't stopped thinking about everyone's comments, I replied telling him that I would contact the supplier myself and arrange a replacement for him.
Thanks everyone for your comments.
Message 19 of 45
Latest reply

He needs to remove the boots before he goes swimming, they may last longer.

Message 20 of 45
Latest reply