There is a loophole in the system and EBAY wont help to stop this false account

I had concerns ages ago with a buyer you didn't pay for item. Contacted ebay about his habitual non payment of items and his fake account. Why wont anything be done with so many people lodging a dispute for non payment. Think it is unfair that he is still running this account and that buyers are only allowed to leave a negative strike on the feedback! http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&userid=kris-kana&ftab=AllFeedback&myworld...

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Terrible feedback... I hope some clown does not come along and post a message like

"have you got your blocks in place??..... don't blame ebay because all those numpty sellers (300 odd of them) did not

complete a NPB dispute and therefore ebay would issue a strike and they would not be able to bid  or buy."

The law of averages tells me that the buyer has had 100's of strikes issued ( so that the sellers get back their FVF) but

ebay still lives in hope that they will pay for at least some items so that they get their yummy profits off those sales.

The non buyers feedback is a glaring example of ebay's "bugger you jack i'm ok" attitude and it's feedback system doing

what it is designed to do

............ create a false sense of security amongst new sellers....

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

You are correct, some sellers may not even lodge a dispute to get the fee back. Everything little bit helps right? Money in EBAY'S pocket. ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Hmmm, that person was already on my blocked lists. They must have been mentioned on here previously. EBay don't care about serial non payers. If you have a look at the 2 people I am "following" on this account, you'll see what I mean. The accounts actually belong to the same person.

The only reason I can think of why eBay don't stop them is, there would be a certain pecentage of those sellers who left false positives that don't know they can open a dispute to get their fees back. Therefore, eBay get to keep the fees on those sales. Easy money for them! I know when I first started selling I didn't know about disputes. It was only when I had a run of non payers I searched the help pages to see what eBay did about non payers. It was only then I realised I could open and close a dispute and get my fees back.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

"then I realised I could open and close a dispute and get my fees back"

Well your FVF fees but not your insertion Fees or upgrade fees if its a BIN.  Not big money $0.05 - $0.50 but when you multiple by literally millions of items it adds up to a nice little earner.  Instant Paypal payment helps, but at least in my category, I feel it costs sales.

---------------------------------------------------
Profanity is no substitute for wit.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Do you think they could be trying to build up a selling account and increasing their positives to ensure buyer confidence, wouldnt surprise me in the chinese were doing this then selling the accounts to other chinese sellers who may need a new account because their old one went down to below 90% positive and of course ebay's policy facilitates this

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

jbmbkb
Community Member

worst feedback ive ever seen ,just goes to show buyers can do anything they want on ebay without penalty.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Wonder if it's an eBay "police" bot in disguise, trying to ban as many sellers for giving out false positives, haha.

But yes, the feedback system is flawed, the vast majority of buyers who actually do pay never give you feedback unless it's negative, and the DSR system is no different, where a 3/5 is considered negative.

I received a parcel from the UK yesterday, and eBay wanted me to know if I had received the item by Sunday 22/11/15. Of course, hitting "no" would have left a dent in the UK seller's record due to Ausfailure Post not delivering anything whatsoever on the weekend in this backward country, but that's another story. Another feedback/DSR loophole right there. Not to mention anyone on the planet can get their money back for every single item which is sent without tracking.
Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

@gec2002 wrote:

"then I realised I could open and close a dispute and get my fees back"

Well your FVF fees but not your insertion Fees or upgrade fees if its a BIN.  Not big money $0.05 - $0.50 but when you multiple by literally millions of items it adds up to a nice little earner.  Instant Paypal payment helps, but at least in my category, I feel it costs sales.

I don't pay insertion fees, ever. If I run out of free listings, I don't list any more. I also don't pay for upgrades. Therefore, they are a non issue for me.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Did all those sellers get a slap on the wrist for also breaking ebays rules?

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply