Trading Post is back

The Trading Post is back, well I guess it was never gone but looks like they are under new management and trying to give Gumtree a run for their money. I sell a lot of my larger and used items on gumtree so will place a few of my more expensive items on The Trading Post to test if it will get any sales. competition is one way to keep eBay competitive for sellers 

Message 1 of 12
Latest reply
11 REPLIES 11

Trading Post is back

Only online or as a paper as well ?

image host
Message 2 of 12
Latest reply

Trading Post is back

Seems to be only online Kopes.

https://www.tradingpost.com.au/

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 3 of 12
Latest reply

Trading Post is back

its been online for a while but now it a lot easier to post ads just about the same format as gumtree so easy to post on both at the same time

Message 4 of 12
Latest reply

Trading Post is back

Have you had any success?

Message 5 of 12
Latest reply

Trading Post is back

I'll have to have a look although when you said same format as gumtree I gave a groan.

I don't know if it happens to anyone else but on my two different computers, I have problems with gumtree loading & with the site freezing. I get a message it is due to a long runnings script (something I also get from time to time on Domain, the property site).

I don't get that message on ebay or a rival property site so it must be their program format that my computers don't care for.

Message 6 of 12
Latest reply

Trading Post is back

That must be why Gumtree is doing so much advertising on the TV, well it is here in Perth.  I also got a flash email from them encouraging us to sell all of our designer clothes and jewellry on Gumtree.  Bit wasted on me.

Message 7 of 12
Latest reply

Trading Post is back

Same here with viewing gumtree... way too long loading pages! must be all those bulltish  adds Listed  several items  gear on there a afew days ago and all sold ... cash and picked up ...you  beauty

Message 8 of 12
Latest reply

Trading Post is back

I don't know about your last line. Despite there now being more online selling platforms than ever before, eBay fees keep going up (or they find new avenues, eg postage, to add a fee). I suspexct my (and many others) dwindling eBay sales are a result of buyers having so many more options. Once upon a time eBay had the monopoly on online sales but with the likes of Facebook, Etsy, etc, etc they must be  constantly losing part of the market share- which reflects in lessingning sales.

Message 9 of 12
Latest reply

Trading Post is back

lessinging+lessening
Message 10 of 12
Latest reply