Trying to add a discount

I had a buyer purchase an item for pick up and just to him picking up I prior realised there was a fault and offered a $10 discount which he happily accepted.

when I try to add the discount on the details page it says

"The total cannot be less than the subtotal. Please enter an amount less than or equal to $0.00".

I tried putting in -$10.00 but that message comes up.

How how do I put in the discount? -$10.00 is less than $0.00. How can you add a discount if it can't be less than the sub-total?

any help would be appreciated!

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

Trying to add a discount

Your pickup item will have no postage listed.

You can only discount against postage via invoicing where postage is separately listed.

So the only way I can see you being able to give the buyer the $10 is to give it in cash at the time of pickup.

Its best to only accept cash for pickup items too by the way.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Trying to add a discount

Oh and you might be interested to read this thread on using PayPal (or not) for pickup items.

https://community.ebay.com.au/t5/Selling/Here-is-why-you-should-never-accept-PayPal-for-pick-up-item...

Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

Trying to add a discount

It's an old bug. Just put in the discount, but don't hit recalculate. Send the invoice, and the negative amount will appear as a discount.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

Trying to add a discount

You can't discount if there is no postage cost. As mentioned above, you can't discount on the item price, only the postage, regardless of what you write in the box.

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

Trying to add a discount

Ah ok,

thanks Tippy & Clarry.

buyer paid cash but I just wanted to change the amount paid.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply