Turnbull has just given Australia post permission to jack up letter rate.

Hi Folks for all those , like me who use letter rate parcels, AP will put Slowwwwwwwwwwww rate up to $1 which I have to use 2 stamps. ( they say about 2 days longer than normal)

and god know what for normal rate. Don't know when this will start.

I think sales will get worse.

Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

saarzi
Community Member

huh? lol Can you please be a little clearer?

Do you mean he has permission to increase the $1.40, $2.10 and $3.50 letter rates an additonal dollar?... or...?

Your post reads that AP will put the "slow rate" (whatever that is) up to $1 (from I dont know what), and you have to use two stamps (no idea why), and it will take two days longer than normal. Am I the only one this makes no sense to?

Completely confused.  lol

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

I'm with you - reeeaaallly vague ramblings,  sorry

Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

Yes !   Please clarify this for me .... I use letter post and use either two, 3 or 5 stamps on a parcel before I jump to a satchel

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

To be clearer, it won't happen until September if at all, and by then, with the defects system, most of us won't be here Smiley Sad

The price of a standard postage stamp could rise from 70 cents to $1 and mail will take longer to arrive, under a plan announced by the Government today.

Communications Minister Malcolm Turnbull said Australia Post would introduce a two-speed mail service, with a regular service operating two days slower than the current delivery speed, and a premium-rate priority service.

At a meeting of Coalition MPs this morning, Mr Turnbull explained the plan, saying there needed to be greater transparency from Australia Post - what he called an "open kimono" approach.

Mr Turnbull said the two-tier system would not be introduced until September at the earliest.

Australia Post is also set to lodge an application with the Australian Competition and Consumer Commission (ACCC) to increase the price of a stamp from 70 cents to $1.

The ACCC could knock back the application.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-03-03/70c-stamps-could-cost-1-under-plan-for-australia-post/6276704

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

Thanks curaone for clarifiey everything. I knew what I meant, but should have been clearer.

I read about it last year, but at least we have til september by the sound of it. may have won the lotto by then.

Ebay will be laughing again if it goes through, more % for them.

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

Open kimono policy? Really? That's such a creepy way of describing it.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

Two speed letter delivery??

We have standard - which includes 70c,  $1.40 and $2.10

We have express which is next day delivery (allegedly)

We have registered which is insured.(extra for SOD)

What planet is this man on?

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

i doubt malcom turnbul knows how to post a letter, typical politician. useless beyond kissing babies and cutting ribbons.

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

Agree- **bleep** does he mean by 'open kimono'? I'm laughing, shuddering and fearing at the same time.

I think our post service is in trouble. I'm still trying to find exact figures on the increases from yesterday, the AP site still has the old ones.

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply