Unable to respond to messages

Hi, wondering if anyone else has had this problem..

For the last 5 days I have been unable to respond to messages left to me by buyers and prospective buyers. When I click the Respond link either directly on the items selling page or on the message page, I get the normal page to respond but am unable to place my cursor in the text entry field - it won't accept it.

Hope someone can help, ebay suggested I delete cookies and cache - have done that to no avail.

cheers

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Had the same problem in IE. If you go into Tools & remove Ebay from your Compatibility View it fixes the problem instantly. Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Sounds like a browser issue.

Try a different browser. 

My preference for eBay is firefox, others prefer Google Chrome.  

If you need assistance re downloading and using these, or the problem is actually occuring via selling on eBay via your mobile, provide a few more details of what set up you have and more detailed assistance can be provided by boardies.

Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Try what Cats said, when clearing cookies and cache does not work, it can be either an eBay maintenance issue that rights itself, or a specific browser problem. Both Firefox and Chrome are better at handling eBay quirks smoothly than IE. eBay has decided not to run at all on old versions of any browser, so make sure that your browser is up to date, too.

If you are using the mobile app, that is fraught with problems and it's best to do as much as possible on a PC or use the browser on a mobile. Select the full or classic view in the browser for best results on a mobile device.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Thank you both for your help.  If I swap over to firefox it does resolve the issue.  Cheers

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Hi

Did u ever solve this problem ? as I now have the same problem.

thanks

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

i;'ve had this problem on my desktop for over a week.  I've tried clearing cookies cache and am using google chrome.  

in a previous thread someone said stop usng ebay compatibility mode icon next to the refresh icon, however I have no toolbar...and cannot see in the pull down menu where to install back the toolbar.. so thats not an option for me

I am stumped.  in the end I answered on my iphone 4....typing replies with 1 finger is a lot slowerand inefficient

can anyone else help please?! i doubt its an ebay glitch...more like them phasing out earlier releases...

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Had the same problem in IE. If you go into Tools & remove Ebay from your Compatibility View it fixes the problem instantly. Hope this helps.
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

MANY THANKS for your help.  I was having to get out of IE and go into firefox  every time i needed to answer a question from a buyer. So I tried removing Ebay from Compatibility mode and its now allowing me to respond to messages. Looks like this has solved the problem and I can stay in IE.  Cheers

Message 8 of 8
Latest reply