Underpaid Mail

saarzi
Community Member

I just got a letter from the post office saying I had an underpaid letter (missing 45cents), so theyve charged me $1.95, and Ive just paid it by Billpay... which is all fine...

It said the biller was underpaid mail section in QLD (Im in NSW).

Just wondering if this means it was a letter thats gone through the QLD system?    Had it been a letter that went through the VIC system, would it have come up VIC underpaid mail section?

or do ALL underpaid mail bills get processed through the QLD centre?

Anyone ever notice?

Thanks

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Underpaid Mail

No. I pay correct weight.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Underpaid Mail

Good for you... so do I.

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Underpaid Mail

Me  too  three  yahoo-funny-smiling-face-smiley-emoticon.gif

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Underpaid Mail

I tried to find one I've received to double-check, but couldn't so I'm making a semi-educated (but vague) guess that they issue them via one office when they go to the sender. The last one I had was ages ago, but have had 3 buyers since then contact me about having to pay to pick up after my stamps apparently peeled off in transit (but not my return address label, so they should have sent the notices to me Smiley Mad ).

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Underpaid Mail

I don't trust the stamps, so I run a line of sticky tape across

the top of the stamps.

That way, they stay on and can still get cancelled

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Underpaid Mail

I started doing that for a little while, but got lazy   (if you can call it that, and I accept some will Smiley Embarassed ), and now only do it if I notice there's a problem with the adhesive. Most of them are really strong and stay on well - love the lighthouse ones Smiley LOL , but I double check the floral stamps for any peeling around the corners as those have the weakest 'stick'.  

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Underpaid Mail

I think mine are doing the same. I bought some shiny large letter envelopes and I was worried the stamps might flake off when they dry... I used a few old gum stamps I found in my boxes rather than the stickers.... and then I receive this. So was trying to determine which letter it was.

I think my P.O is a bit slack with cancelling stamps, so theres no overlap of stamp to tell if there was a postage stamp there or not I guess.

Ill just tape the little buggers on 🙂

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Underpaid Mail

@imastawka wrote:

I don't trust the stamps, so I run a line of sticky tape across

the top of the stamps.

That way, they stay on and can still get cancelled

I used to put tape across the stamps until the post office guy told me off and said I'm not allowed to do it.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Underpaid Mail

We had quite a bit of trouble about 18 months ago with stamps coming off. We found it seemed to be due to the small stamps that come on rolls. Do we quit buying those. Now we only buy the large format ones that come in booklets of 400 as they seem to have better glue on them. Like DG the recent lighthouse stamps seem to have the best sticking power we have seen.
As far as putting tape over the stamps, it was our own local PO who recommended that we do that when we were having trouble. So I think it very much depends who you get.
We've not had any trouble with underpaid postage for quite a while now. We've not been using tape and all our large letters go into our local red street box.
Message 10 of 10
Latest reply