Unfair and unjust that sellers cannot leave negative feedback

ignoro
Community Member

Ebay operates due to sellers however they do not give us equal rights to leave appropriate feedback. It is so unjust that we are not able to have the same rights as buyers. I have had quite a few not pay and have no intention of paying but cannot leave negative feedback to show other sellers to beware of them.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Have you opened disputes for unpaid Items and issued strikes to the non buyers?

That is far more effective in allowing sellers to block these members than leaving negative feedback ever was.

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

You dont need to be able to leave the buyer NEG FB as it achieves nothing but gives you a good feeling of revenge.

And if you leave POS with a NEG comment that is a breach of policy and if the buyer complains you will get the slap and the feedback will

be removed. And it really only makes the buyer look better as it adds one POS more to their tally.

What yo do need to do is to use the Unpaid Item Dispute (UID) process that is in place. If you follow this precisely then the non-paying buyer will get a strike if they still dont pay.

Then me as a seller will have them auto-blocked once they reach 2x strikes as I have my settings set to block them if they have 2 or more strikes in a 12-month period. We are unable to auto block based on feedback so it serves no purpose.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

How many times has this topic been asked and answered?

I for one am getting sick and tired of seeing this question asked.

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Imagine bringing in these feePay clowns to run your small business!!!  You'd be broke in a week!!!!

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Really? How about you show us a place where the question HAS been answered satisfactorily. It has never been. It cannot be. Simply because it is clear bias and unfair trading practices (like most of Ebays). Perhaps if they ever bothered to listen to those who pay their wages and made a fairer system then the question would not be asked all the time.

The plain and simple fact is Ebay wants ALL sellers off their site except for 1-2 in each catagory.

That is why they will NEVER respond to issues or fraud on here.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Yes it has been answered thousands of times and the answer is a big fat NO a seller can not leave negative feedback so why keep asking the same question????

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Good to read your rational thoughts..... 

What is then unfair is the timing for unpaid disputes... 4 days waiting them to pay (or more like not pay!), open a case and another 4 days needs to go by before we get our fees back and "dare" to relist items again. 8 days of wasted time.

I believe we need the buyers for our businesses and ebay is creating a good experience to encourage them to buy from us.... but talk about fairness. 8 days is completely unjust and disruptive to all sellers out there.

wish it could be 2days to pay and 2 days to opn a dispute!

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

wish it could be 2days to pay and 2 days to opn a dispute!

It is in the US but the difference there is that only electronic payments are allowed and as so many people complained when they wanted to do that in Aus they contimued to allow bank deposit so had to allow a longer payment period to allow for bank payments clearing

As for the feedback debate as a seller for more years under the old system where sellers could leave negs I much prefer the system as it is now which gives me the ability to block buyers who don't pay for more than 2 items andcarp sellers cannot blackmail buyers into revising feedback after leaving one in retaliation.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

A buyer can checkout as a guest now anyway, if it made a difference it really doesn't now. I find feedback for buyers rather silly and ebay should remove it completely. Maybe back in the old days it worked, before ebay and paypal filled heads with nonsense. I only sell BIN so it is a bit different to auction where a seller can remove bids, but it still doesn't stop the last second bids.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply