Unhappy cvustomer

glenn8354
Community Member

I have an unhappy customer with the product I have supplied, I have offered to exchange or refund, I cannot satisfy this customer. In almost a 10000 sales this is the first awful and angry person I have come across. I do not know what to do , it is starting to stress me out as I know feedback is everything when it comes to ebay. HELP!!

Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Unhappy cvustomer

If I may say first off, FB is not everything neither in ebay nor anywhere else.

Now tell us what the issue is, that will, give us a better chance of advising you.  its hard to comment unless we have adequate details.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is only with the heart one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Unhappy cvustomer

glenn8354
Community Member

They ordered a belly band (doggy diaper) under a medium size, they did ask for a smaller size. They wanted one between a small & medium a small is between 41 & 44cm and a medium is 53 to 56cm. I sent them 49cm. It was to big so I asked them to return and I would supply them with an exchange or refund, they do not want to pay for postage back to me, I have said I will pay postage for exchange back to them.

Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

Unhappy cvustomer

Did you ask the buyer to measure her dog before you sent out the belly band?  That's the first thing I do when a buyer is unsure of the size.  Not much help to you in this case, however it's up to the buyer to get the item back to you if she's not happy.  Make sure you keep all messages in the ebay system and I would flag them all so that ebay will be able to read them in the event of less than positive feedback.:-)

Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Unhappy cvustomer

glenn8354
Community Member

Thanks, I have just offered the buyer to send back COD could not be bother with people like this and yes in my advertising I explain to people how to measure and I have just measured all my belly bands I have left, they all measure between 43cm to 46cm. I think I know what is wrong, this buyer purchased and did not pay for nearly 2 weeks, I sent messages to them and then proceeded to open an unpaid item case. Pay back? I am just surmising, anyway the COD option should keep them happy. I'm done.

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Unhappy cvustomer

Thanks, I have just offered the buyer to send back COD could not be bother with people like this and yes in my advertising I explain to people how to measure and I have just measured all my belly bands I have left, they all measure between 43cm to 46cm. I think I know what is wrong, this buyer purchased and did not pay for nearly 2 weeks, I sent messages to them and then proceeded to open an unpaid item case. Pay back? I am just surmising, anyway the COD option should keep them happy. I'm done.

Are you aware of what COD is ?

The buyer would be nuts to use that option.

Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

Unhappy cvustomer

COD was not your best choice,   it would have been better to tell them to return it, and although you admit no fault, you are happy to refund the return postage as well,  alternatively offer to send them a self addressed satchel to return it,  

Then confirm you will issue the refund when item is received, in the same condition as sent.

Alternatively, you could let them open a dispute,

But I can add whether you refund or not, you may still cop a neg,  how you respond to it will depend on how it will effect you, so if it happens, come back and we can advise.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is only with the heart one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

Unhappy cvustomer

Do you realise that COD is going to cost you several times what the buyer paid in the first place?

In most cases I would never choose to be out of pocket one cent just to influence a buyer's decision on feedback however in this case I would consider myself partly responsible, when the buyer asked for a different size, between two of the sizes you sell, I would have sent the exact measurement before posting it off to make sure it was OK. If I hadn't done that then for such a small amount I would probably have just refunded and told them to give it away.

If I had confirmed the exact measurement before sending then I would just stick to my guns and say it would be refunded on return and they could leave any feedback they wanted.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply