Unpaid Items

I am getting an awful lot of unpaid items lately.  Anyone else getting the same?

Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

Unpaid Items

Avoid that scenario by setting your BINS for immediate payment.

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Unpaid Items

that doesn't work for me as I do combined postage

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Unpaid Items

I found the number of non-payers reduced dramatically when I set up blocks for those with less than 5 feedbacks who are non-verified.  Not completely but I reckon more than 80%.

I used to have blocks for 2 unpaid item strikes in 12 months...  and missed LOADS of sales.   So I have them now set up for 2 unpaid strikes in 1 month.  I figure that's more of a pattern of bad behaviour than 12 months, but I know others will disagree.  For me, I feel that I have the right balance of sales vs. risk of non-payment

Overall the unverified account thing is most important, especially to avoid those that open an account that day from overseas.  I used to have at least one of those a month that never paid.  But those that really want the item will follow the prompts to verify their account.  So it's not necessarily a loss in sales. 

Recently I had a buyer try 4 times as a guest checkout, then must have found the login to her proper verified account and purchased+paid.

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

Unpaid Items

I also offer combined postage, but in reality, about 60% of my buyers only purchase one item.

For the other 40%, it's better to have them pay and refund a small amount of postage for the combined items, than not have payment at all.

Sometimes you'll find that no refund is necessary because by the time you have weighed and packed those bulky plastic items, there's nothing to refund. I can see that many of your items are different shapes, so they cannot necessarily be stacked one inside the other for postage.

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Unpaid Items

that doesn't work for me as I do combined postage

Buyers simply add to cart and the items will auto combine at payment if the listings are set up with $XX for additional items.

image host
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

Unpaid Items

The problem with the cart is that it doesn't work with the app.  Of course buyers can use the desktop site, but its another barrier that's enough to lose the sale to a competitor.  Plus, they have to know how to do this in the first place.  It's so ridiculous ebay can't fix this.

Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Unpaid Items

yep, had another one just recently. Blocks in place, does'nt stop far to many of em Woman Sad

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Unpaid Items

hmmm not all the time.  I find buyers who use phones do not automatically get the combined postage as I have it set up.  I have to manually send them a combined postage invoice

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Unpaid Items

I had one tonight who has 2 feedback won the item then sent me a msg saying she doesn't know when she will have the money but just hang on to it for her.I have 2 other items won by bidders with 0 feedback have had no communication at all after sending msgs.I have blocks in place but thought I would give 0 feedback buyers the benefit of the doubt as everyone has to start somewhere,but might be changing my mind after this.

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply