Unpaid item case assistance

Need some assistance with possible unpaid items. I have read the ebay info, but as this one buyer has not paid for three large amounts i want to make sure i get my FVF back.

If i am reading it correclty, i go through the resolution centre.

As there are three items, but i bundled them into one for postage discounts - does it only need the one new item number (for all three) or do i have to do three separte ones.

Also if the buyer has not paid i close it withing 4 days?

Final question does ebay take the refunded FVF off your current bill? I am looking at a large bill and do not want to end up with a "credit" that will take a long time to go through (esp. as i may stop selling soon after this experience).

Thanks for your help - if it wasn't for the FVF bill i would not be so concerned.

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

1) you do them separately

2) yes 4 days, eBay will let you know when it's Ok to close & you then get your fees back

3) it depends when your billing cycle is - you'll have to look that up

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

When we raise a UPI case for multiple items we raise a separate case against each one.

I don't think you can raise one case for the combined lot.

If you are on your awaiting payment screen you will see a drop on the Actions column.

In there you will see a choice for "open unpaid item case". Just choose that for each item.

Then after at least exactly 4-days (and not a minute before) if the buyer has not paid you can close the cases.

You do this thru the resolution centre.

When the cases close you will be credited your FVF back.

This should show as a credit against your next fees bill.

Very often our buyers pay once the case has been opened. Then you just ship their items out as usual of course.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

Thanks for the replies.

When i look at the more actions drop down menu - it only shows "Report Unpaid Item" for the combined. Under the 3 individual ones it does not give such an option. Do i just do it for the combined?

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

I've not encountered that, but I would say YES.

I think once you open the case it will record a separate case against each item.

Basically uncombine the invoice you have sent out.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Okay all done. Hope it worked - it only showed one of the items, and not the most expensive one. It also only shows one of the items when i review it. However, it will not let me do another unpaid item case.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

if your worried at all call ebay and ask if you have done it right, hopefully you get a quick answer

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Cheers, many thanks on giving ebay a call. The other 2 items did not go through and would not show. Ebay stepped me through how to manually enter them by inserting the item number.

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Had 4 days passed on the other 2? Sometimes I've been able to open 1 then had to wait a day or 2 to open the others due to being bought at different times.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply