Unpaid items

I'm trying to open an unpaid item dispute for a buyer who bid on 4 items, the unpaid item dispute will only let me do each item individually, is there a way I can open it with the 4 items together as I am doing cheaper postage for them, thanks

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Unpaid items

If you open 4 which I think you have to do anyway (it goes by the item not the total purchase) then they don't pay, they get 4 strikes and probably get suspended or will have a hard time buying anything in the future as many sellers have it set so non payers can't bid.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

Unpaid items

Thanks for your help

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

Unpaid items

@letscleanupmycupboards wrote:

If you open 4 which I think you have to do anyway (it goes by the item not the total purchase) then they don't pay, they get 4 strikes and probably get suspended or will have a hard time buying anything in the future as many sellers have it set so non payers can't bid.

there are many instances reported on these boards of non-payers having many more than 4 UnPaid Item strikes and still being able to bid on items from sellers who do not have their blocks in place.

Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

Unpaid items

My understanding is that they only get one strike per seller (within a one week period) - so it wouldn't be 4 strikes for 4 items from one seller.  Same as feedback, it only counts as one for multiple items within the one week period.

It would be great if I'm wrong - perhaps someone with a link to the actual policy will come along and tell us definitely one way or the other.

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

Unpaid items

@julie503020 wrote:

I'm trying to open an unpaid item dispute for a buyer who bid on 4 items, the unpaid item dispute will only let me do each item individually, is there a way I can open it with the 4 items together as I am doing cheaper postage for them, thanks

If you are doing cheaper postage, why are you opening disputes? Surely all you need to do is send an invoice for the total required amount. If they haven't already paid, maybe that is what they are waiting for.

If a seller told me they would combine postage, then started NPB disputes, I'd be onto eBay reporting the shonky seller so fast it would make their head spin.

Another option is a mutual cancellation, but I am not sure what your purpose is.

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Unpaid items

@trulyspecialgoodies wrote:

My understanding is that they only get one strike per seller (within a one week period) - so it wouldn't be 4 strikes for 4 items from one seller.  Same as feedback, it only counts as one for multiple items within the one week period.

It would be great if I'm wrong - perhaps someone with a link to the actual policy will come along and tell us definitely one way or the other.

Correct - and even if it wasn't - unpaid item strikes do NOT stop the buyer from bidding or buying on Bay.

It simply stops them form bidding or buying from sellers who have the 'broad' blocks in place.

The tools given to protect us (sellers) by eBay, are only as good as the operator (seller) allows them to be.

If a seller does not have blocks in place, then.....

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

Unpaid items

And if ebay blocks were in place by default when a new account was open there would be a lot less nonpayers and happier newbies ๐Ÿ™‚

Not a big change but a no-brainer for trust & safety.
Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

Unpaid items

If you have a NPB, and have given combined postage, you still have to do them individual, but the buyer can still pay the combined amount.
I know I have had a few.
Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

Unpaid items

Then it becomes a paid transaction, not a NPB, at that point, hey?

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply