What Australian ombudsman do I contact to file a complaint against ebay?

I have beeen trying to sort an issue with ebay out for a while now. In a nutshell ebay has been the most evasive and unhelpful organisation I have ever dealt with.

Is there an ombudsman that can help with this issue? I am based in Australia.

Message 1 of 146
Latest reply
145 REPLIES 145

Don't forget to mention their collusion with & perversion of the national Mail carrier! if you can find anyone to listen that is.....

Message 2 of 146
Latest reply

A few more details might help ....

Message 3 of 146
Latest reply

If they are breaking any of the Australian Consumer Laws then you need to approach the ACCC.

If its a financial matter (more to do with PayPal) then the Financial Ombudsman Service (FOS) is more appropriate.

Message 4 of 146
Latest reply

The FOS is great. They sorted out a problem I had with my bank really quickly. I'd been getting nowhere for four months but it was resolved within ten days once I contacted FOS.

Message 5 of 146
Latest reply

"in a nutshell ebay has been the most evasive and unhelpful organisation I have ever dealt with."

Yes they are

has anyone got a contact number for management in Australia or even an email address or street address.

Ebay

Concierge

is there to fob you off it never address an issue but tell you they have refered your issue to some faceless  person that you are not allow to have any contact with.

And they will get back to you - sure!

Pigs might fly

Message 6 of 146
Latest reply

I agree with your comments. Ebay hide and make it as difficult as they can for you to contact them. Always speak to them in person & get them to call you back (via the help & contact link at the bottom of most eBay pages).

If you are not satisfied with the customer service ask to speak to a supervisor. They will try to stop this, but if you're persistant and polite eventually you will speak with one.

They too may be unhelpful in which case you may require an outside body to intervene (without more details it is impossible to suggest who you might need).

Message 7 of 146
Latest reply

I take my role as Don Quixote very seriously. I have butted heads with many a large Australian business and the record is pretty much in my favour.

Then there is eBay. Quite simply you'd be wasting your time. When they introduced the FVF on shipping I took them to task. 

Basically if you call you will be put through to the OS call centre.

I contacted numerous organisations including Fair Trade, the ACCC and even media  groups to no avail. No one cares.

I believe their head fortress is in the Sydney CBD if you want to try and breech the walls there.

Message 8 of 146
Latest reply

@zapsalesau wrote:

"in a nutshell ebay has been the most evasive and unhelpful organisation I have ever dealt with."

Yes they are

has anyone got a contact number for management in Australia or even an email address or street address.

Anyone can get the address and phone number of the ebay office in Sydney by looking up the White pages telephone directory....or Google.  It is not too difficult.

However, it will not do you much good as they do not make the rules....you need to talk to the Head Office in the USA.

Ebay

Concierge

is there to fob you off it never address an issue but tell you they have refered your issue to some faceless  person that you are not allow to have any contact with.

And they will get back to you - sure!

Pigs might fly

Message 9 of 146
Latest reply

Ebay is ridiculous - they have kept me on the phone for 45minutes ++ I sold a brand new dress to buyer the buyer decided she wanted to return this designer dress three weeks later, claiming she found a sweat stain somewhere.  she sent no photos, did not respond to any of my four emails to her nor did she return the dress and ebay still honoured her request over my loyalty as seller!! This was absolutely infuriating. i can see why people refuse to use ebay!!!

Message 10 of 146
Latest reply