What a dilema

Just sold an item for $49.95 to  a buyer in Turkey when it clearly said  will post only to Australia I told him I did not send overseas & not to worry about it & I would relist   If I cancelled the transaction I would have got a defect ( as has happened before). He said he still wanted it & post is $95.00  ( actual amount) If he  did not want the item then I would have done the $5 commission but now I have to pay  $9.50 extra commission on the post charge + $5.00 ebay fee & extra paypal fees. all because someone did not read or did not care about the description I have now figured out how to block overseas buyers so I hope it won 't happen again

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

What a dilema

@lenalookout wrote:

Just sold an item for $49.95 to  a buyer in Turkey when it clearly said  will post only to Australia I told him I did not send overseas & not to worry about it & I would relist   If I cancelled the transaction I would have got a defect ( as has happened before). He said he still wanted it & post is $95.00  ( actual amount) If he  did not want the item then I would have done the $5 commission but now I have to pay  $9.50 extra commission on the post charge + $5.00 ebay fee & extra paypal fees. all because someone did not read or did not care about the description I have now figured out how to block overseas buyers so I hope it won 't happen again

Hi lena, pleased you figured it out !
You do know that 90% of buyers only read 5%(my made up stats) of the listing.

However who did the same when it came to setting their blocks for their listings?......mmmmm......Lol !

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

What a dilema

Thanks Tuckcase     Also just figured out I paid $20 in fees ( ebay $14.50 + paypal $5.40)   for a $49.95 sale   40% not a bad commision!!!

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

What a dilema

Carp !

I don't sell a lot(on this id anyway) & pay no attention to fees.....like fuel yuh just gotta pay......however the Pay Pal fee seems excessive.....thought it was 1.5%? I better check next time !

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

What a dilema

you can always cancel the sale and you won't have to pay ebay!
Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

What a dilema

The buyer has to agree to the cancellation request though, and some just ignore it.

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

What a dilema

I don't sell o'seas....BUT....the buyers that beg/request that I do....I tell them that I am going to 'inflate' the price of postage to cover the FVF...they understand....if they REALLY want it, they will be happy to oblige...you're going out of your way to accommodate them....surely it's reciprocal?
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

What a dilema

If a buyer ignores a cancellation request, you can close it after a few days and get fvf back. It's only if they decline it you don't. But then they are vulnerable to a UPI case.
Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

What a dilema

Paypal charge 2.4% + $0.30 as their commission so on a $150 sale the fee would be roughly $3.90 (for the Paypal fee to be $5.40 the total sale price would had to have been around $212).
Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

What a dilema

The amount paid by paypal was $144.95 & paypal took out $5.23 in fees Being ripped off again!!!

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply