What do l do now ?

Hi everybody,  l had two sales on my other id. that were similar items, but listed separately. 1st. sales order/item went off okay to buyer, with tracking.  2nd. sales/item of very similar item (ww11. army chevrons)  to a different buyer with tracking has gone into "thin air".

So l nicely contacted 1st. buyer to see if she had received a double order/delivery . Here is my email to her:

Hi ******, 

Was wondering, did you by any chance receive another aust. post packet with some other aust. army chevrons in it ?

Thought that l may have sent them to you by mistake, as l did not record your order in my  selling account. The missing order was very similar to yours, as they were for another ebay buyer. He has lodged a inr, item not received claim against me, so l just refunded him in full.

He is happy and understands what has happened, just trying to track down his order.

Cannot for the life of me figure out where his item has gone, if you can help that would be great, thanks, &&&**%%.

28/7/15.

HER RESPONSE:   Sorry cannot help you.      29/7/15

So okay, cross that one out, on to the next thought.

Then you would not believe my luck, under last months National Geographic mag, l find an Aust/Post Receipt with Tracking Label attached for her Post Code, on the very day of posting for my 2nd. buyer. l had forgotten that l had sent it with AP Tracking.  Bonus Bingo !!!!!!

Missing parcel sent to 1st. buyer on 15/7/15 @ 9:47am  to 2765 Riverstone NSW.  LPS   AP Tracking No. 51005785623011

Carded to #$%^&  on 20/7/15 no one home. Attempted Delivery.

Item picked up at Riverstone LPS NSW, @ 10:37am Sat. 25th July 2015 

Now have beyond proof that 1st. buyer has both parcels. One hers, another not hers, nor paid for by her. This is theft.

Sadly, yes, l addressed 2nd parcel to same name & address as my 1st. parcel/order. My fault, l know.

Where do l go from here please ?

Message 1 of 32
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

What do l do now ?

How much are we taking about here? Unless it is for several hundred dollars is it really worth going through the legal system either by reporting to the police or taking civil action to try and get your money back when your proof is so little?

If not then put them on your BBL and move on. It was after all your mistake and you would have had to pay for the postage for them to send it back to you and then for sending it on to the correct buyer anyway. Why not just leave it for karma to bite her in the bum on your behalf if she has got something for nothing.

If it really peeves you and they have left feedback leave a follow up saying "Could they return the extra item sent in error" but is it really worth it, a vindictive buyer can really harm your account if they know what they are doing.

See what a trendsetter I am?

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

What do l do now ?

Received a telephone call this morning from Australia Postal Inspector Mark ***********, to inform me that the person under investigation for being in the possession of mail not intended for her, has now owned up to receiving and retaining postal articles, in that knowing that the said item was not intended for her.

cctv clearly showed her being given the parcel, a long with other mail that required a signature. Customer is well known to the counter staff at this AP Outlet. (country outlet nsw.)

Customer knew that the second parcel came from me, two parcels identical in size, and my hand writing. Customer thought that l had sent her " a gift " for buying from me.  If that was the case, l never received a thank you, just silence.

l did not want to press charges, or lay a formal complaint charge, said customer has apologized to me and AP. Items being sent by AP back to me. Thank you all for your help, in the end with ground work from AP, the truth has finally come out.

That's a brilliant outcome and I'm also pleased that she had to pick up the parcel from Riverstone LPO in person, as there's no way she can argue with what is clearly displayed on the PO's CCTV. Can't say that I'd be as forgiving as you've been, given the fact that the only reason she apologised is because she was caught out big time in a lie. Maybe I'm quite a bit older and have been around a lot longer, but I stopped with the 2nd chances a bloody long time ago and would have made sure the woman ended up with a criminal record, which might just make her think twice before stealing again (although I doubt it).

Still, you've managed to recover your parcel at no additional cost to yourself so no loss there, but the big winner here has clearly been your ex-buyer, by managing to avoid prosecution by the Federal Police for Mail Theft, particularly if she has prior offences as that could well have sent her to prison. It's been a good result all round, although it's just as well you didn't listen to those here who suggested that you forget about it because it was too much trouble to chase up. Smiley LOL

View solution in original post

Message 31 of 32
Latest reply
31 REPLIES 31

What do l do now ?

I would be very careful about accusing her of theft however You could produce the evidence you have and see what she has to say. Say australia post are going to an extensive search into the history of both parcels. Tell her depending on the results from australia post you will be taking the matter further. See if the parcel magically appears in a few days.

Message 2 of 32
Latest reply

What do l do now ?

How much are we taking about here? Unless it is for several hundred dollars is it really worth going through the legal system either by reporting to the police or taking civil action to try and get your money back when your proof is so little?

If not then put them on your BBL and move on. It was after all your mistake and you would have had to pay for the postage for them to send it back to you and then for sending it on to the correct buyer anyway. Why not just leave it for karma to bite her in the bum on your behalf if she has got something for nothing.

If it really peeves you and they have left feedback leave a follow up saying "Could they return the extra item sent in error" but is it really worth it, a vindictive buyer can really harm your account if they know what they are doing.

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 3 of 32
Latest reply

What do l do now ?

Thank you, yes, l would not accuse her of theft, but more to the actual fact of receiving a parcel or item that was in all tense and purposes, not meant for her. Another poster has mentioned to just chalk it up to my fault and move on. I have never doubted that it may have been my fault all alone.  Have now used MS Excel to tidy my paperwork up. Thank you.

Will just put it down to experience, and move on. For "her", welcome to my Special Party Plan."   Thank you all. Woman Happy

Message 4 of 32
Latest reply

What do l do now ?

I'd be adding her to my BBL immediately then sending her a copy of the AP tracking advice which provides evidence that the first parcel was indeed delivered, then ask her if she intends paying you for it, returning it at her expense, or giving it to the nice policeman who will doubtless be calling at her door to pick it up on your behalf.

I have no time for thieves or liars and regardless of the value of the item, I'd be chasing this woman to the ends of the earth until she gives up in disgust and finally reimburses you (or suddenly finds that the AP delivery drivers "misplaced" it when originally delivered last week). The ball is in her court now and she has plenty of opportunity to do the right thing.
Message 5 of 32
Latest reply

What do l do now ?

CQ said: I'd be adding her to my BBL immediately then sending her a copy of the AP tracking advice which provides evidence that the first parcel was indeed delivered, then ask her if she intends paying you for it, returning it at her expense, or giving it to the nice policeman who will doubtless be calling at her door to pick it up on your behalf.

----------------------------------------

I know we would all feel upset that a buyer was dishonest but asking her that would put her back up. It would put mine up too.

She never asked for the parcel to be sent to her, it was entirely the seller's mistake yet you would expect her to pay for it or pay postage for it to be returned??

No way.

I'm sure waterfull never meant that either, just that he would have liked the chance to pay for return postage to get it back. It could be worth showing her a copy of the AP tracking and asking if it had turned up since he last wrote & if so, would she be willing to return it if postage was paid for. Risky, as she may keep postage and the parcel!

I don't think it will be possible though to prove theft. You may be able to prove she received the extra package. There is no way to really prove exactly what was in the package or its value & she isn't owning up to anything.

Waterfull has done the best things possible in the circumstances-cleaned up the accounting system so a mix up like this is less likely in future.

And put her on the blocked bidders list.

Message 6 of 32
Latest reply

What do l do now ?

I don't expect the buyer to have to wear the return postage but neither would I be writing it off to bad luck or management on my behalf. Mistakes happen but that doesn't give the the buyer the right to benefit at the seller's expense as well as lying about it. There seems to be some sort of anti-seller bias slipping into these conversations and I don't like it one bit.
Message 7 of 32
Latest reply

What do l do now ?

to cq  . i understand what your saying but the buyer has stated [sorry i cant help you] the buyer is not interested in giving it back ,the seller has a few options ,forget about it ,because it was 100% her fault ,and keep peace with the buyer. if the seller pushes the question too hard the buyer could go bersurk and stuff up her feedback or ask for a refund for the other one she sold saying not as discribed, as we know the buyer is not honest and can cause trouble to the seller..   or she could spend 1000s of dollars fighting it ,

at the end she can only proove the buyer recieved a parcel, but she cant proove whats inside it.

Message 8 of 32
Latest reply

What do l do now ?

just because the seller made a mistake does not give the buyer the ok to keep an item she has not paid for or won't return, it is theft however you look at it.

Message 9 of 32
Latest reply

What do l do now ?

no dispute harley. so what can the seller do about it .

Message 10 of 32
Latest reply