What do you love bout selling on eBay ?

Discuss ....

Message 1 of 70
Latest reply
69 REPLIES 69

I do love some of the funny messages i get from bidders & buyers.

I love the messages i get when a buyer really love their item.

Sometimes i even list stuff i love & don't really want to sell just 'cos i know someone else will love it & probably wear it more than i will.Also it gives me an excuse to go buy more perty things...& shoes.

Oh & i do love nice feeback as a reward for all the boring washing & ironing etc that i have to do.

Message 2 of 70
Latest reply

I like that the system (generally speaking) makes transactions easy - mainly because expectations for buyer and seller are very clear and well defined.

We've looked at other options, like using some of the facebook selling groups...but they seem to get quite nasty and personal at times.   Would love to have our own site but it really would be a luxury and status thing only - eBay gets good traffic, you just can't fight that fact, particularly for what we sell.

We get a kick from being able to see items end up with someone who really, really wants them and who, in some cases, have been looking for a long time.  Feedback is fun, most of the time.  Customers are fun, most of the time.  There are a few exceptions to the rule but they can happen anywhere.

Can't say I'm happy with some of the recent changes but we've rolled with the punches and been able to adjust.  All part of the challenge!  Can I just say, while I find all the posts on this board interesting to read and generally very informative and constructive, it's really nice to see a thread with a positive theme.  

Message 3 of 70
Latest reply

Everyone be honest. You love the $$$$$$$$ ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 4 of 70
Latest reply

I like that I'm clearing out a heck of a lot of stuff that has been sitting in boxes on the floor in the spare room, plus drawers all through the house, for the last few years. I had no idea I'd bought so much stuff way back when!

I love getting messages from satisfied buyers when the item exceeds their expectations. I've even been sent photos! That made my day. I love making people happy, so it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling when I get messages from happy buyers.

I even made a friend from selling on eBay! A buyer from earlier in the year who bought quite a few things from me. Talking about items lead to talking about every day stuff and we learned we had very similar interests and are even in the same profession. He has bought a few more things from me recently, ON eBay, so I haven't lost him as a buyer like I first thought.

Of course there are the downsides to eBay, which we hear of most days on the forums, but all in all, I'm having fun selling off my stuff. I'll be glad when it's all gone though ๐Ÿ™‚

Bouncing_sheep.gif

Message 5 of 70
Latest reply

I love that selling on eBay gives me the opportunity to work from home Heart

Message 6 of 70
Latest reply

My sentiments exactly. Have all this stuff in boxes and cupboads everywhere. It's great to let it have a new home. Have met some wonderful people along the way. The few $ that you make are a bonus, but the bottom line is to just let it go. Otherwise, I consider it hoarding and that has horrlble cosequenses. Wonderful to have had it, admired it and then let someone else to do the same. ๐Ÿ™‚ 

Message 7 of 70
Latest reply

I love the fees!

I love that selling on eBay is completely different to what I do in my day job.

P.S. I was just kidding about the fees folks.  I accept them as a cost of selling on eBay, but I don't like them that much.

Message 8 of 70
Latest reply

I particularly HeartloveHeart it when my phone cha-chings ....

Message 9 of 70
Latest reply

Profits I make off ebay are my only form of savings. Those profits are, to be honest, not overwhelming.

After nearly 6 years selling however I finally managed to save enough for a trip to the US and Cuba for myself and my husband for 5 weeks.

That was a year ago and I LOVED that even though it took a long time to save, ebay selling could give us that amazing experience !

So, for all my whinging about ebay, I have to admit it has given me an income stream that would not otherwise be there!

Message 10 of 70
Latest reply