What happen if buyer want return product without send back

Hi,

What happen if buyer want return product without send back?

I have recenlty sold unwant item on ebay, buyer want to refund without send it back, he suspect not work.

I did refund it stright away, refund done by Paypal already.

But buyer still claim not receive refund payment, want to get his lawer to take legal action.

I did send screen shot of paypal refund, show him the money is gone from my end.

He still think it's fake document, what should I do?

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Too late to do anything now, you've refunded. If he has paid with a credit card, the refund will go back on his card. You won't know if he's used a credit card so might pay to ask if that's how he paid. 

Did you actually have any proof that the item was broken or did you just take the buyers word for it? If it's the later, you should never trust a buyer that wants a refund without return of the ite, Many buyers want a refund without sending it back because they want to keep the item and not have to pay for it.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

What was the item? Hope it wasn't expensive!

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

Too late to do anything now, you've refunded. If he has paid with a credit card, the refund will go back on his card. You won't know if he's used a credit card so might pay to ask if that's how he paid. 

Did you actually have any proof that the item was broken or did you just take the buyers word for it? If it's the later, you should never trust a buyer that wants a refund without return of the ite, Many buyers want a refund without sending it back because they want to keep the item and not have to pay for it.

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

What was the item? Hope it wasn't expensive!

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Hi,

problem is the buyer still think it's fake refund from paypal, still threaten with lawyer and legal action

@*tippy*toes* wrote:

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

not too expensive, just don't want waste time with him.

but he keep message all time, waste time is more than the item.
Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

Wow $99 is not too expensive ???  You have totally done this all wrong. 

Ignore his lawyer threats. If he keeps emailing threats report them to ebay. Its against the rules to harass other memebers.

Sounds like you have been scammed. 

You need to learn how ebays return system works. 

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

I doubt he will go to the expense of hiring a lawyer, not for an item of $99, so that part is bluff.

Maybe he thinks he might be able to get a second payment off you as you don't know the system.

Keep all your evidence of the refund.

It may even pay to ring ebay to discuss how you have refunded & get it on record.

if there is ever a next time, arrange for the return of the item before refunding.

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

Add the buyer to your blocked buyer list and ignore any further messages. Don't open them, just delete them. No-one is going to spend thousands in legal costs for a $99 item. He's bluffing. Call his bluff and ignore him.

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

What a cheek for a buyer to be pressuring and threatening you when they are not even entitled to a refund without returning the item.

I agree with the others.  They are not only double-dipping [getting a refund and keeping the item], they are triple-dipping by attempting to get a second refund.

It's a pity the PayPal refund has gone through otherwise I would be reversing it and demanding the item be returned first.

Message 10 of 23
Latest reply