What has happened to ebay? No sales it is frightening .Anyone else ??????

I have never seen it like this lots on watch but no sales for days.

Message 1 of 148
Latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

correct but everybody is blaming ebay ??????????

Message 31 of 148
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

correct but everybody is blaming ebay ??????????

There's probably a reason for that. One possible, pretty much confirmed, one has been advanced. There are probably others that are not due to eBay, but it's a bit hard to sell if people can't see your listings. Which eBay still charge you for....

Message 32 of 148
Latest reply

Something definitely going on! Slow last month at about 40% of my average, then a burst at the start of March seeing me overtake last months figures within the first week, now absolutely nothing!!! Low views, low watch count, no offers, no enquiries, no additions to the buyers who have been automatically blocked in my settings!!!! Those figures do not lie, did someone say throttling?

Message 33 of 148
Latest reply

just took a look at the american ebay boards and the same non existent sales angst is also being felt there

I can only hope if something is in the works with ebay that it is something better than current climes

fingers crossed ... yes I am an optimist lol

Message 34 of 148
Latest reply

Hahahh!!! Well despite what I've written above I'm still trying to be too believe it or not....

However I'm REALLY apprehensive at the moment because I'm all set to try to Auction an EXTREMELY high end Model. One that I'm hoping will see an exceptional price..... BUT.... with all that is going on at the moment I'm scared !!!

- I'm scared that my target Buyers might not even see the Listing

- I'm scared that if it sells, it may go to one of the many famous Scam Artists that everyone has talked about here 

- I'm scared that in 179 days I'll be hit with having to give a Refund & not get the item back, or if I do, it will have been destroyed

- I'm scared about the Auction being won by a Non Payer

- I'm scared that the winning Buyer might get carried away & then realise the next morning that he/she can't afford to pay for it, so asks to cancel the Purchase the wrong way & I end up with a Neg for it and nothing else

And so on & so on & so on......

Sigh!!! What has happened to this place called Ebay??? Why has it turned into the absolute NIGHTMARE that it is today ????

Message 35 of 148
Latest reply

Fascinating convo with ebay rep they full well know what is going on..made the suggestion that their search engine process is not working their response was its a "system generated process" whats the "system"?? the system isnt working obviously.. Ive gone through our sales record we havent changed out items..our pricing models are good..we've got good customer ranking yet sales are down up to 50%..and get this choice response "But as of now, we cannot give you any guarantee of any change for this as this is something that cannot be easily changed" to me that is a veilled admission something aint right and are they going to fix it anytime soon??? no..why? maybe because it may be favoring certain parties or other businesses..this mob are unreal..its either high listing fees..the dreaded postage tax...the paypal fee shave..please please god bring a compeitor that will "netflx" or apple sherlock this crew...

Message 36 of 148
Latest reply

I dont get it you can have 100% fb , top seller rating, premium service, free post, 1 day handling etc, yet still when you search your catagory you are down on page (can't be bothered scrolling that far), yet up there on page 1 are 99.3% fbs sellers with little or no description, lousy photos. even sellers away etc  How is that best match?

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 37 of 148
Latest reply

It's not. It's a highly skewed algorithm.

Frankly, any buyer who can't work out more useful search terms (like the other supplied options, eg) deserves what they (don't) get.

Message 38 of 148
Latest reply

I've sold 2 items tonight that got bids in the last 5 minutes. That's 3 things I'll have to post tomorrow now as I had a last minute sale last night too. Interestingly most of my items sell with only a couple of page views. The ones with lots of page views and lots of watchers seem to relist. I have no idea where my stuff comes in best match because I never look.

Message 39 of 148
Latest reply

@lane-ends wrote:

I dont get it you can have 100% fb , top seller rating, premium service, free post, 1 day handling etc, yet still when you search your catagory you are down on page (can't be bothered scrolling that far), yet up there on page 1 are 99.3% fbs sellers with little or no description, lousy photos. even sellers away etc  How is that best match?

It also depends on what you're searching for.

I assume most book buyers would search by title and author. Which would generally limit the results to a page, depending on page size.

A search on the category 'books' would return a few million, so a pointless exercise.

Message 40 of 148
Latest reply