What has happened to ebay? No sales it is frightening .Anyone else ??????

I have never seen it like this lots on watch but no sales for days.

Message 1 of 148
Latest reply
147 REPLIES 147

I really can't work it out. When I do a search from this computer my items don't come up when I refine the results, even where my prices are very competitive. 

I have checked and double checked and can't see what I am missing.

What is strange were the questions I was asked when I called to increase my selling limits. ABN and registered business name, fine, but why ask where I buy my items, will I be restocking, do I buy from overseas and which country? All of my answers were recorded, does that affect teh search results and why?

Maybe they are just for statistics but it still doesn't explain why the search results are not showing the true picture.

Message 41 of 148
Latest reply

My feedback scores are all 100%, all accounts top rated and generally low defect rates. ( one store is up a bit at 1.5% ).  I dont compete on price which means my sales per views rate overall is lower than most of my competition. For this reason a lot of my items dont rate very well in best match finishing at the bottom of some searches. Some of my better selling items with long histories of sales are at the top of searches, so it seems to me that % sales per views ( sell through rate I think its called ) have a big influence on placings in best match.

Message 42 of 148
Latest reply

@roseydee wrote:

I really can't work it out. When I do a search from this computer my items don't come up when I refine the results, even where my prices are very competitive. 

I have checked and double checked and can't see what I am missing.

What is strange were the questions I was asked when I called to increase my selling limits. ABN and registered business name, fine, but why ask where I buy my items, will I be restocking, do I buy from overseas and which country? All of my answers were recorded, does that affect teh search results and why?

Maybe they are just for statistics but it still doesn't explain why the search results are not showing the true picture.

Are your listings new? If they haven't been 'indexed' yet they may not be showing (so I have been told by ebay in the past). How many items should you have listed? (I could see 3 if it is this account)

Message 43 of 148
Latest reply

I also have had no sales at all lots of watch but no sales really unusual

Message 44 of 148
Latest reply

@chezzy wrote:

Are your listings new? If they haven't been 'indexed' yet they may not be showing (so I have been told by ebay in the past). How many items should you have listed? (I could see 3 if it is this account)

No not this account, I am just trying out this account as a test. My other listings have been up for several days, some GTC so much longer. Some have gone through the whole 7 day listing cycle without a single impression (according to traffic reports).

Message 45 of 148
Latest reply

I'm like you. I get a lot of views on my items. Some of them are being watched, and some of those by multiple people and they watch for week after week. But I rarely get a sale. Some even watch the cheap items but don't buy: like $3. It's really annoying.
Message 46 of 148
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

its simple you pay for what you get .

if you had a store in a small country town against a shop in the middlle of chadstone shopping centre    were would you sell from 

but if you want the shop in chadstone it will cost you a hell of a lot more in rent ,

thats why if you go to any site check how many for instance dvd s they have to sell and compare it to ebay   ,

the more traffic 1 site gets  the more it cost to sell there   thats on the internet and also in stores 

The idiom....... you idiot is ........

"You get what you pay for"

re "You pay for what you get" ... I did not pay you for a headache but your posts continually give them to me

... is that your twisted idea of a freebie?

http://www.usingenglish.com/reference/idioms/you+get+what+you+pay+for.html

If I had a shop in a small country town that was "against" a shop in the middle of Chadstone shopping centre then Chadstone would be in a small country town because they would have a common wall.

Don't  paint yourself into a corner.....hang on strike that... How about painting yourself into a corner as far away from the

keyboard as you can possibly get.

HAVE A NICE DAY

PS.... I just heard last night that online streaming is curtailing the dvd scourge....what will you base your market

research on then?

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 47 of 148
Latest reply

I have noticed that some search "alternate" parameters have either changed or are broken.

An example search "love poems and other revolutionary actions"

No hits however one line under is the item title heading

love poems & other revolutionary actions... both used to appear using "and"

I have noticed that dots, dashes hyphens and other fancy doodad symbols that some people like to adorn their headings with that never used to interfere with search parameters (ie they were taken into account, negated and therefore brought up in the initial search) are now interfering with search parameters and therefore the headings with them do not appear

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 48 of 148
Latest reply

sorry did you join ebay to buy or sell     sorry i should of checked you sold 1 item for the year  

i supose thats 1 more item than my cat has sold    meow     have a nice day 

Message 49 of 148
Latest reply

i thought it would of been a waste of time going to melbourne grammer ,but it would of come handy to reply to this post 

then i could of driven a volvo and ordered cucumber sandwiches with the crust cut off  ill stick to meat and 3 veg but i drive a new bmw does that count  lol    

Message 50 of 148
Latest reply