What is the option stopping my customers from paying if they have a postage office address?

Thanks.

Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

What is the option stopping my customers from paying if they have a postage office address?

Probably because you put it in your T & C's :-

Capture.PNG

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

i see, descriminating against poor country folk who have no other way to get mail except by collecting it at a post office huh?

shame on you.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Do you find that ambigious?

Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

@erg-auto-electrical-wholesalers wrote:

Do you find that ambigious?

i don't. I don't even find it ambiguous, and if it is it is up to you as they are YOUR (or your uncle's) listings to disambiguate.

You would also have stated in your postage that you don't post to PO boxes as the 'ambigious' statement in your T&Cs does not count if you haven't applied it to your postage. Which you obviously have.

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Bro, do you even google? Smiley Surprised Smiley LOL

This post will probably come up in a google search before too long, because here's how to block PO box addresses:

Step one: create an exclusion list, select to exclude PO boxes.

Step two: go to Account > Site Preferences > Buyer requirements, and implement the block on buyers with a primary address you don't post to. 

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

I have not blocked anyone!

They cant check out..

What is the resolution?

I have no preference to block anyone.

Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Does AP post to Po Boxes thorugh ebay.

It is Ebay blocking it isnt it?

unless you have the dimensions to make sure it fits in the box?

Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

No, ebay itself would not block because someone has a PO Box, UNLESS the seller themselves has blocked people with a PO Box

No, if something does not fit in your box,they will put a card in your box (in many cases they do this anyway)

I have only ever had a PO Bo the whole time I have been on ebay

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

@erg-auto-electrical-wholesalers wrote:

I have not blocked anyone!

They cant check out..

What is the resolution?

I have no preference to block anyone.

How the heck am I supposed to know, the OP isn't exactly overflowing with details and the quote above from one of your listings suggests some services are limited to street addresses.

If you don't have blocks in place on PO boxes, then I doubt that is the issue, but rather the more common glitch that just says the seller won't post to their address (if a buyer is used to being blocked because of their PO address, they may assume it's the same deal).

That'd make the solution the same as last time.

Issue a new invoice, if that doesn't work, send an invoice via PayPal. 

There are no package size limits on parcels sent to PO boxes, aside from the normal size/weight limits. They stricter limits apply to parcel lockers and similar because there's nowhere else to put packages except inside the lockers etc, so they have to fit those dimensions.

And I know that because....... I looked it up (several weeks ago). Smiley Surprised

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply