What is your experience with the Mailman Parcel Delivery by Officeworks?

Hi guys,

have you ever used Mailman Parcel Delivery service by Officeworks - what is your experience? 

Do they deliver better than AusPost?

I have Officeworks across the road and I really want to know if it's worth a switch from AusPost.

I'm pretty much on the edge with AusPost non-scanning of the parcels and appallingly long handling time (their estimated delivery date is making me cringe). From the last month I have 5 out of 10 parcels not scanned on delivery. One Express Post parcel was in the mail for 4 business days (it's ridiculous since the Buyer is an hour drive from me and we are both in the Express Network).

I started adding signature to the regular parcels now, to make sure it gets a "Delivered" scan, it's extra money and for my low cost items it's hitting my pocket. Have to add extra couple dollars to the item cost to cover this but it doesn’t change extra long transit time and potential scanning errors from AusPost.

Sorry for the rant, just really want to hear if anybody here have any info on the Mailman by Officeworks. Thank you heaps.

Message 1 of 15
Latest reply
14 REPLIES 14

I haven't used the Mailman service but if you're looking for an alternative to Aus Post check out Sendle.

I use them for all of my large parcels but they have also introduced a 500g satchel service where you use your own satchels. They have set pricing for most areas of Australia and are far cheaper than Aus Post and their service is fantastic. If you sign up for their Premium service you get a further saving on each parcel.

Message 2 of 15
Latest reply

Thank you heaps, I'll check them out. It's good to have more options to choose from!

Message 3 of 15
Latest reply

Sendle uses several different courier services including Fastway and Couriers Please.

Officeworks Mailman uses Fastway.

Their prices are quite good from all reports but they still do not have the same coverage of delivery areas that Australia Post has.

Try googling and see what their customers say.

Message 4 of 15
Latest reply

They don't deliver - recipient must collect from Officeworks within 5 days of notification it has arrived.

They use couriers to pickup from the sending Officeworks to deliver to recipients nearest Officeworks.

Not a lot of Officeworks around so only good if both you and recipient live near one.

They may be cheaper than AP but inconvenient.

Message 5 of 15
Latest reply

Mailman actually delivers to any address in Australia excluding po boxes, parcel lockers and remote islands.

The service is drop-off in store, deliver to the door.

It's not delivery from one officeworks to another as @sparrow2207 has said, and there is no "collect within 5 days" for calling carded parcels that go to the store.

For the facts visit http://www.officeworks.com.au/mailman

Message 6 of 15
Latest reply

The only catch is, while it's good competition for parcels at $7, it's completely useless for low-value items which go through as a large letter. If someone offered a 0-250g parcel rate at around $4 I would be using that instead of $7.60 at the post office for their minimum 500g rate.
Message 7 of 15
Latest reply

They've got the monopoly on mail.

If you can get away with a letter it's cheaper, but only oz post would ever do anything that small, because they'd treat it like mail.

Message 8 of 15
Latest reply

Not to mention their 500g satchel is A5. Which is big enough to hold ONE average thickness MM paperback. So, for me, a marginal saving for single standard book sales, but with the risk of alienating more buyers than the saving is worth if they cannot be home when the courier calls and don't have handy access to an Officeworks.

Message 9 of 15
Latest reply

I had a parcel sent to me by a family member through Mailman and was not home the day delivery was attempted and had a card to collect from my "local" Officeworks (so no second delivery could be arranged).  It was really inconvenient.  This was a couple of months back so don't know if this is still the way it works.

Message 10 of 15
Latest reply