What's "without bids / reserve not met"?

I'm really new on eBay and don't know exact meaning of "without bids / reserve not met" and what should I do when found one of them in my active selling!

Thanks, 

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@foofooshop wrote:

So, what should I do?

Basically, ignore it. 🙂

It's an eBay filter that can be selected to only show listings to you that meet the criteria of "without bids / reserve not met", but that's really only relevant for auction style listings so it's just one of eBay's little foibles that fixed price Buy It Now listings show up under the filter. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

It means exactly what it says.....you have one item listed and there are no bids on it yet.

You have not got a reserve on it so that does not apply to your listing.

Reserves can only be used on vehicle and real estate listings on ebay.au.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

So, what should I do?

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

@foofooshop wrote:

So, what should I do?

Basically, ignore it. 🙂

It's an eBay filter that can be selected to only show listings to you that meet the criteria of "without bids / reserve not met", but that's really only relevant for auction style listings so it's just one of eBay's little foibles that fixed price Buy It Now listings show up under the filter. 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

It's appears exactly after my first selling without any touching by me as I've posted image.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

How many active listings do you have? If you were running auctions, when you first list, that option will tell you how many items don't have bids on. If you have 10 auctions, it will intially say you have 10 items without bids. When someone bids on something, that option will change to 9, because you have 1 item with a bid and 9 items without bids.

If you then click on that option, it will show you the 9 items that don't have bids and filter out the 1 item that does have bids. As you don't have auctions, then that option is not relevant to you at all. As already mentioned, just ignore it.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

@foofooshop wrote:

It's appears exactly after my first selling without any touching by me as I've posted image.

Yes, I know... It appears on everyone's My eBay page selling list. Like I was trying to say, it's a default filter and it doesn't mean anything.

Basically, what is happening, is that you click to go to eBay and eBay is all like "hey, here's all your items for sale". 

Then they're like, "do you wanna just see the items you've listed that don't have any bids on them?" 

Buy it now listings aren't auctions, so they can't have bids placed on them, therefore in eBay-logic, they are listings without bids.

If it puts your mind at ease, I run a store and currently have 522 individual listings. None of them are auctions (with or without reserves), and here's what I see in my filter options, as you can see, this shows I do indeed have 522 listings, the format is fixed price, and all 522 would show up under the "no bids" filter 😉 

no bids for me.PNG

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

Sorry lyndal1838, I have seen reserves on philatelic (stamps) items, so there are obviously some circumstances where reserves can be placed on other categories.
Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

Reserves are only allowed on vehicles and real estate on ebay Australia.

If you have seen a Reserve on stamp listings thy must have been listed on another site.....USA or UK although I believe the UK only allows reserves on items above a certain price.

I see you have bought stamps from a seller in Germany....maybe they also allow it.

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply