Whats the most unusual place you have sent an item ?

I,ve had a few things go to interesting places over the years, some of which I hadnt heard of. I just had one this morning that really takes the cake. My first sale to the North Pole. True, thats the address and it wasnt a sleigh part for Mr. S Claus either.....Smiley Tongue

Message 1 of 27
Latest reply
26 REPLIES 26

Must be the morning for it. My next item has just gone to Boscobel. Now without using google, who knows where that is ???

Message 2 of 27
Latest reply

did they order blankets mmmm    

and did they order sun tan lotion in the other place.

what did you sell to them, woolen bikinis     lol

Message 3 of 27
Latest reply

Nothing quite so sexy nuts, It was a part for a piece of heavy machinery. ( not quite the same as woolen bikinis   LOL  )

Message 4 of 27
Latest reply

i just thought from 1 extrene temp to another  lol

Message 5 of 27
Latest reply

Not a place so much as a 'to whom'- the FBI in Virginia USA.

I had a collection of memoribilia on the JFK shooting. Mainly copies of police reports and such. Thought it was friend playing a joke when I got the order & replied as such (oops) but no, it was definitely real lol.

Message 6 of 27
Latest reply

Classic !!!, The JFK stuff sounds really interesting. I collect a bit of odd ball stuff like that. Did it sell well ?

Message 7 of 27
Latest reply

@elusiveeditions wrote:

I had a collection of memoribilia on the JFK shooting. Mainly copies of police reports and such. Thought it was friend playing a joke when I got the order & replied as such (oops) but no, it was definitely real lol.

I,ve had a couple of those over the years. Not the FBI, but one Australian and one International celebrity. One used his own name and PO box address, the other used their name but an agents address. I did some googling at the time and they appeared to be the real deal. I wont name them or what they purchased ( just collectables ), but it is interesting who shops on ebay.

Message 8 of 27
Latest reply

@chameleon54 wrote:

@elusiveeditions wrote:

I,ve had a couple of those over the years. Not the FBI, but one Australian and one International celebrity. One used his own name and PO box address, the other used their name but an agents address. I did some googling at the time and they appeared to be the real deal. I wont name them or what they purchased ( just collectables ), but it is interesting who shops on ebay.

Wow, intersting & amazing stories.

It would also be interesting to know if the celebrities still shop here these days too since it seems to have lost some it's charm

Message 9 of 27
Latest reply

It was interesting, The International Celeb was a famous American tennis player who was a legend around 15-20 years ago ( and still part of tennis folk law now ), The Australian was an acclaimed actor who has had international success. Both where several years ago, so I wouldnt know if they still shop here. They both purchased collectables. The items where rare things, but not super expensive. ( $100-$200 )

Message 10 of 27
Latest reply