When is payment due??

Hello all-knowing wonderful & very experienced ebayers! Can you please advise me? Someone has bought two of my items, paying each one with a seoperate paypal payment. I say in my description that I will happily combine the postage and refund any difference. Does it matter that he paid with two seperate payments? I don't have to send the items seperately, do I? I am planning on posting with a tracking number due to the toal sale of both being $100.

Thankyou SO much for any advice, I really do appreciate it!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

When is payment due??

Technically, each payment means a separate package and proof of postage is required to be eligible for Seller Protection, so as that is a concern, you will either need to send each package separately, or refund and issue a combined invoice. 

PayPal actually stipulate that if you combine items from two separate payments into one shipment, you're not eligible for seller protection on either transaction (though you would likely be able to qualify for one transaction).

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

When is payment due??

Edited, as I was under the impression same tracking can be used for multiple transactions.

DG it sounds like you are quoting PayPal so must need to send seperately.

It also stands to reason why so many state to wait for an invoice otherwise combined discount won't apply.

image host
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

When is payment due??

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Edited, as I was under the impression same tracking can be used for multiple transactions.

DG it sounds like you are quoting PayPal so must need to send seperately.

It also stands to reason why so many state to wait for an invoice otherwise combined discount won't apply.

Some sellers have stated they've successfully defended INR claims with the same tracking information, but I don't know if that's by luck or slightly different, as Seller Protection is more about chargebacks (if a buyer's INR claim is unsuccessful, the seller keeps the money and the buyer is generally not refunded, so Seller Protection doesn't really apply. In the case of a credit card chargeback where the seller qualifies for protection, PayPal wil refund the amount without taking it from the seller, so I would expect that's where having individual proof of postage is more important).

I do state on my listings now that I will send each item separately if paid for separately, though few of my items are sent with tracking, mostly because I'm trying to actively discourage people from checking out separately then requesting combined discounts, which is becoming more and more difficult to facilitate due to PP and eBay fee changes.

Sometimes, though, what I have done is issue the excess postage refund from the lowest value item and sent them together with tracking, on the idea that if the transactions are disputed, I can defend the highest value item and just wear the loss on what remains of the lowest value item.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

When is payment due??

As always, thanks very much (!!) for the advice given Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply