Where to buy stamps below face value

oztoprank
Community Member

Hello,Does anyone know where to buy mint stamps below face value?We have a supplier who can supply mixed mint stamps(1c-$5) at 60% of face value.But the dealer can't supply much.We need about $20k worth of stamps each month.We are paying aupost over $20k a month sending letters to our customers.Is there any way we can save money on the postage?

Message 1 of 34
Latest reply
33 REPLIES 33

Isn't postage "free"? Thats what ebay told me ๐Ÿ˜‰

Message 11 of 34
Latest reply

Pass on the savings ?? lol you just made my block list....

It's actually a pane in the butt trying to use old stamps, you will definately need one of those sponges to moisten the stamps.

IMO it is not worth the effort to use old stamps. If they are the correct denomination and are peel and stick maybe, but I doubt you would be able to get a constant supply

Ebay as it is now forces me to charge below cost for postage to even have a chance competing with sellers with such a low cost of postage from asia, yet I still don't have a 5 for the DSR

Message 12 of 34
Latest reply

Ebay as it is now forces me to charge below cost for postage to even have a chance competing with sellers with such a low cost of postage from asia, yet I still don't have a 5 for the DSR

What rubbish, I charge $1 over satchel cost for parcels and things that can be posted as large letters I build about twice the cost into my BIN price and offer free postage.

If I view my DSRs for the last three months, since I put my postage costs UP I have perfect 5s, view the last 12 months which includes my sales last Jan to April I have 4.9s when the quoted cost was less!

See what a trendsetter I am?
Message 13 of 34
Latest reply

What rubbish, I charge $1 over satchel cost for parcels and things that can be posted as large letters I build about twice the cost into my BIN price and offer free postage.

If I view my DSRs for the last three months, since I put my postage costs UP I have perfect 5s, view the last 12 months which includes my sales last Jan to April I have 4.9s when the quoted cost was less!

and I charge 1.95 for most items. the time it takes to package  I should be chaging about $4. It is not rubbish and I don't have a perfect 5. what you are saying is rubbish.

Message 14 of 34
Latest reply

You can buy large quantities at a considerable discount from AP

Foxette.. I didn't think this worked with stamps?? Can you give me more info about this?

Message 15 of 34
Latest reply

Don't they still have franking machines?  Something provided by Auspost to send bulk mail?

The last one I saw you set the letter size, and fed them all in, and it gave you a receipt at the end and sent it off to australia post for billing.

Message 16 of 34
Latest reply

You can buy large quantities at a considerable discount from AP

Foxette.. I didn't think this worked with stamps?? Can you give me more info about this?

I looked on the AP website recently in response to another thread and saw that bulk quantities of stamps (upto 200 or so) was still at $.60 per stamp. It may get less if you buy it in higher quantities than that though.

Message 17 of 34
Latest reply

Hi Oztoprank,

I'm afraid that there are no bulk discounts available for stamps, however having a Charge Account with us automatically gives you a discount on letter rate postage as well as opening up a variety of bulk mail options. Check out the Business area of auspost.com.au for more details, or send me an email and I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

Alice

Message 18 of 34
Latest reply

Hi Oztoprank,

I'm afraid that there are no bulk discounts available for stamps, however having a Charge Account with us automatically gives you a discount on letter rate postage as well as opening up a variety of bulk mail options. Check out the Business area of auspost.com.au for more details, or send me an email and I'd be happy to answer any questions you have.

Alice

Message 19 of 34
Latest reply

tmf2000
Community Member

If you look for stamp dealers offering to buy collections from deceased estate... they usually re-sell Australian stamps in bulk at 80% of face value. Sometimes even less if they have too many of them. But no-one will be able to supply you with 20K a month.

The other problem with old stamps is that their face value are lower... so you need two stamps instead of one to make up the correct postage of today. And you will need low denomination stamps to do it. All a bit of an hassle if you are busy running a business.

As for cheap postage in Asia. I have not experienced it. Cheap goods... yes. But then again it is no different than Australia. You have sellers charging the correct postage and some others reaping you off.

Message 20 of 34
Latest reply