Why are eBay making it so hard on the sellers, by holding funds for 21 days.

I think eBay is trying to over flex their muscles, they seem to have lost sight of who actually pays the commission to them. The buyer pays nothing and the seller pays everything. If they are bad sellers ban them from eBay instantly, but then you wouldn't get commission. Make it hard on everybody else instead. Thanks Bill

Message 1 of 6
Latest reply
5 REPLIES 5

If you check through the Boards Bill, you are not alone on this one. Much has been discussed at great length. Personally, I think it's a rort.

Message 2 of 6
Latest reply

Can anyone hear no why they hold funds after I meet the 90day thing and every other criteria
Message 3 of 6
Latest reply

5kazam
Community Member

I have given kudos to Horizon as I totally agree with the comment about the rort, but I will say that your comment of 'the buyer pays nothing and the seller pays everything' is not strictly correct.

Sellers have had to increase their prices to cover the rip off fees that eBay has decided to charge.  So buyers ARE 'paying something'  which helps cover sellers rear ends on what they have to pay to eBay.

e$crooge is pricing itself out of the competitive market.

Message 4 of 6
Latest reply

5kazam
Community Member

Great to see you guys are up and at 'em.  About bl00dy time.  Keep flooding this site. The more people who know you have updated and are advertising the better.  Go QS...!!!

Message 5 of 6
Latest reply

@5kazam wrote:

I have given kudos to Horizon as I totally agree with the comment about the rort, but I will say that your comment of 'the buyer pays nothing and the seller pays everything' is not strictly correct.

Sellers have had to increase their prices to cover the rip off fees that eBay has decided to charge.  So buyers ARE 'paying something'  which helps cover sellers rear ends on what they have to pay to eBay.

e$crooge is pricing itself out of the competitive market.

I have to agree with kazam.

If the seller prices their items correctly and adds the ebay and paypal fees into their pricing structure then the BUYERS are the poor sods are paying all the fees.

Maybe I have missed something in the past but I have never seen droves of buyers complaining on the boards about fee increases.  If we don't like the prices we just don't buy from ebay.

Message 6 of 6
Latest reply