Why buy it then??????

Just had a customer purchase an item from my store for $129.95. She sent me a message saying she has seen the same item on anther EBay store for $124.00 including 2 pairs of free socks. She said "seeing as I paid $129.95, can you give me 2 pairs of socks for free".

What?????

Just having a rant............

Message 1 of 69
Latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Why buy it then??????

and if i had the b*lls when somebodys asks me again does this paint come with a brush and stirrer ,i should say would you like me to paint your walls with it.mmmm

Message 11 of 69
Latest reply

Why buy it then??????

@allsafetysolutions1 wrote:

That is very true....I have already sent the items, but hypothetically, if she was to ask for a cancellation now (and Ive already sent them), what happens?

If that happens you should be fine - just refer eBay to the messages from the buyer which indicate that she knew what she was buying from the beginning, and any request would simply be "buyer's remorse". Ditto any negative feedback - eBay will usually remove it in this type of situation.

Cheers,

Marina.

Message 12 of 69
Latest reply

Why buy it then??????

Thanks - but I meant, do I ignore the request or tell her to put a sock it in.....LOL (sorry couldn't help myself)

Message 13 of 69
Latest reply

Why buy it then??????

It's a tricky one ..... All you can do is reply in a professional manner to the message, keeping in mind that all ebay communications can be used as evidence that you are being a responsible seller and become part of the complete transaction.

I would be thinking ahead as to how to reply to the possible negative feedback and low DSR you might get.  I guess this is why some sellers end up immediately refunding, cancelling the transaction and blocking the buyer as they know no matter what is done from the moment you get a message like that (and if the item hasn't already been sent), neutrals/negatives and trashed DSRs result ........ sigh - anything to minimise the "negative stuff".

Message 14 of 69
Latest reply

Why buy it then??????

I haven't replied as yet because everytime I go to type something, really bad thoughts and ideas pop into my head.

Now there's a buyer with some nerve! Smiley Surprised  I checked your listings and only found one for socks - did they really expect to get 2 of the 5 pairs you have listed, at $28 value (plus any additional postage), just for choosing to pay $5.95 more? 

Pffft!

As to the reply, though, I do completely understand the temptation, but I'd personally keep it simple - i.e. something like thanks for your purchase, socks are not included with this item, thank you for understanding. Kind regards.  

Message 15 of 69
Latest reply

Why buy it then??????

I thought about cancelling as soon as I saw the message but then I thought, stuff it, she saw another shop cheaper, still brought it of my store and paid for it and then sent the message. I don't worry too much about Neg's and dsr's, it's the principal of it now. So I made sure I sent it within the 24hrs of purchase, with tracking.

Message 16 of 69
Latest reply

Why buy it then??????

Is it really bad selling practices though, if I don't reply at all. Never had this type of message. I had some dousies, but this one takes the cake.

Message 17 of 69
Latest reply

Why buy it then??????

I uploaded these ages ago for someone who got a similar request, I'll add them here again for your perusal, amusement, and use, if you so wish. ๐Ÿ˜„ (I changed the last one to suit your unique circumstances)

Spoiler
computer says
Spoiler
sloth says
Spoiler
ha no
Spoiler
no!.jpg
Message 18 of 69
Latest reply

Why buy it then??????

Is it really bad selling practices though, if I don't reply at all. Never had this type of message. I had some dousies, but this one takes the cake.

I don't think the message needs a reply, they'll know the answer soon enough anyway. If they do this often, they're probably used to deafening silence acting as a 'no' anyway (did you look up if there is indeed a seller who has the item for $124 with free socks? I'd be interested to know if there was or it was just made up). 

I would reply just because I don't like leaving any questions unanswered and would feel like it's hanging over me if I just leave it, but that's really a personal thing.

Message 19 of 69
Latest reply

Why buy it then??????

Yep - just checked then and there is a seller on there for $124.95 with 2 free pairs of socks. Funnily enough, this store has sold over 908 pairs of these boots and I have only sold 103.

Message 20 of 69
Latest reply