Why has my traffic and Sales Stopped?

The last 2 weeks have been the worst ever for sales for me. I just checked my traffic report, and at the same time last month I was averaging 10-15 visits per day. All of a sudden traffic has dropped to virtually zero for about 7 days running. I hadnt had even 1 zero day last month.

Dropping prices to less than cost hasnt helped. What is going on? Please help - another week like this and its no longer worth it. Sell off any remaining stock and leave Ebay after 10 years.

😞

Message 1 of 78
Latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

saarzi
Community Member
The same thing happening to me.
Past two/three weeks I have sold almost nothing, with no traffic.
I put everything on 20% sale for five days and didnt sell even one item!
I am currently refreshing everything /new title, description etc... no difference.

I suspect Ebay is throttling again to get rid of another batch of small sellers.
Message 2 of 78
Latest reply

I just came in to put up the very same message !!

My balance dropped to the lowest EVER in years yesterday and hardly a sale coming up .... I was thinking of emailing my regulars to see what I'm doing wrong, but it seems to be the case with everyone ....

What to do ??

Smiley Sad     Smiley Sad      Smiley Sad   Smiley Sad    Smiley Sad     Smiley Sad

Message 3 of 78
Latest reply

I have regular buyers, and they seem to have stopped buying too ... My sales are the lowest EVER ... I have tried everything .... I suppose I'll just hang in there for now?.

I sell clothing, and maybe get onto the winter items ?  Although my friends in Queensland say they're sweltering !!

Message 4 of 78
Latest reply

On the other hand we have been cruising pretty solidly this past week.

Sales are up but not up to pre-Xmas levels. But that is to be expected.

Better than this time last year.

Message 5 of 78
Latest reply

Yep same here   very slow

but sold 1 today to USA with the exchange rate you would think international sales would be increasing

Message 6 of 78
Latest reply

It's been really puzzling for me.

I don't do BIN and usually have a lot of sales 'down the track'.   Then yesterday, everything which had previous bids sold, but then there's hardly anything for the next 10 days ?   

Hopefully, it will pick up soon .... and it's good to see that at least one of us (clarry) is going okay .... gives me hope 🙂

Message 7 of 78
Latest reply

moonia99
Community Member

As a buyer and a seller I have to tell you that my selling accounts that have buy it now are absolutely dead,not a sale.

But my auctions are going through the roof so it seems buyers are buying mainly through auctions well in my case anyway.

But here is the crazy thing,the auction prices are selling higher than the BIN so I'm glad for this but buyers need to sometimes realise that all the thrills they get from bidding in auctions, they would but not always, get a better price if they just paid for BIN.

This is what I have noticed anyway.

Message 8 of 78
Latest reply

Well, I only sell via auction, and I though maybe change to Buy It Now ..... well, now I don't know.

Message 9 of 78
Latest reply

in 40 years experence in retail  you should always change things   stock  mix buy-now  and auctions  give the customer a range give great service  and you will get your price give buyers pick up options ,  there are a lot of cases were postage are more than the object    you will find buyers will travel to pick up [  you can onnly try]

Message 10 of 78
Latest reply