Why has my traffic and Sales Stopped?

The last 2 weeks have been the worst ever for sales for me. I just checked my traffic report, and at the same time last month I was averaging 10-15 visits per day. All of a sudden traffic has dropped to virtually zero for about 7 days running. I hadnt had even 1 zero day last month.

Dropping prices to less than cost hasnt helped. What is going on? Please help - another week like this and its no longer worth it. Sell off any remaining stock and leave Ebay after 10 years.

😞

Message 1 of 78
Latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

@dotm2004 wrote:

Pardon my ignorance, but how do you check your 'traffic report' ??

Traffic reports are only available to store sellers. The link is on the left in your seller dashboard.

Message 21 of 78
Latest reply

@Anonymous wrote:

i tested something out and was not surprised at the result

i had 600 active listings.. around half of them ended and i didnt relist them straight away as i was going away for a week

i did put my shop in holiday mode but not "hide listings"

i sold about the same amount with 300 active listings as i was when i had 600 listings

i have since relisted most of them and am back to about 550 active. Still no increase.. sales about the same

proved that us sellers are definitely "silently throttled" no matter how many we list.. but i digress..

As for the last week.. was decent saleswise until 2 days ago.. almost stopped to a screaming halt

This year is definitely down on last year for me but not by much

One of my stores has around 400 listings, the other has 1600-1800. They both sell similar stuff, have similar feedback and are linked in ebays data base. THEY BOTH SELL ALMOST EXACTLY THE SAME $$$ VALUE. In fact a few weeks ago the 120 day sales figures where ONLY $12 DIFFERENCE and this is on a five figure turnover for each store for the 120 days............ I just dont get it ......how could that happen in the real world ????   One store has only got a 1/4 of the listed items compared to the other........ Smiley Frustrated

My traffic and sales fell of a cliff for a four or five days earlier in the month, with virtually no sales during this period. They suddenly picked back up and have been going well since. My auction account has had very positive sales right through and doesnt seem to have the ups and downs that the stores experience.     

I hope things pick back up for others soon. It can be very disheartening when sales just stop for no reason.

Message 22 of 78
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member
The same thing happened to me - I sell the same now per month with 250 items as I did with 50 items. Except for this month when ive sold almost nothing.

Several Ebay employees, including the CEO, have admitted hidden seller limits and throttling. In their terms and conditions it also states that they can, and do, put limits on accounts when they please and theres nothing to make them actually tell the account holder these limits are in place (they probably arent per account, rather per group of sellers that fit a predetermined set of values?).
Official statements from Ebay also confirm they have seperate contracts with larger companies (and of course they do anyway, all businesses have several contract levels for different parties, it would be bizarre if they didnt).

Amazed people still argue whether or not this exists when its been stated and its in black and white. Its like they think they need to understand why for it to exist. Strange.

In regard to those saying theyve had an awesome month, theres probably many who have had a great month, they would be picking up the buyers from those who are being throttled. The traffic is still here, its just being diverted away from some sellers.

Message 23 of 78
Latest reply

Sales are dismal here too. I've been trading on eBay for over 10 years and have over 10,000 positive feedbacks. Since the "spring release" my sales are down by at least 30%, and vary greatly from week to week, where as previously my sales were consistently strong. My listings are simply not getting "seen" as much any more, which has lead to less sales.

I can only reiterate what others have said in regards to diversifying. Try adding to your product range if you can, and definitely do not rely on eBay alone to make sales. As I make my own products I can sell on other popular platforms for makers. For the first time ever this week I made more sales on one of these other platforms than I did on eBay.  Due to declining and inconsistent level of sales, I no longer see eBay as the main focus of my business and are taking active steps to shift my business elsewhere. Best to start now before things get worse!!

Message 24 of 78
Latest reply

Sales not dismal as one would have to HAVE sales for anything to be dismal lol

I have not had such a long period without sales since I started selling........thank goodness I am not a career seller.

I would be lining up at the soup kitchen!!

Lets hope things pick up soon before my items all become "vintage" Smiley LOL

Message 25 of 78
Latest reply

Haha! Funny you say that, I've just added vintage badges to my range in the hopes of making more sales! Mixed results so far. Perhaps those unsold will end up as antiques!

Message 26 of 78
Latest reply

go-tazz
Community Member

After doing a search in the category that I have listed in for months,(Movies > DVD's & Blue - ray Disks > See all

items in Movies & Blue - ray Disks) none of my DVD's or any that I've sold previously like 4WD action or Pig

hunting,etc show in the the search by category,(the 4WD and Pig hunting ones only come up when searching via

the Action & Adventure sub - Genre),shok.gif

Which means the Caravan ones don't show at all as they removed the Travel Genre from that search,stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

No wonder my sales for those are carp),stubborn_smiley_by_mirz123-d4bt0te_zps12f1a5a3.gif

So maybe just check that your items are actually in the category that you listed them in,good.gif

Message 27 of 78
Latest reply

Well now I had a buyer send me a screenshot of saying they can not pay and every item purchased today is the same thing.

There is a problem here and it is not me! Is anyone else getting this happen? It seems it won't allow people to pay! Oh wowScreenshot 2015-03-19 19.18.09.pngScreenshot 2015-03-19 19.18.25.png

Message 28 of 78
Latest reply

Message 29 of 78
Latest reply

lol yeah I have actually seen that one before.
Just got off the phone to eBay support after first call being hung up on but apparent glitch was buyers had numerous items in their shopping cart from different sellers and need to pay each seller individually. Makes sense if that was the case however after talking to one of the customers this is not he case. Just another hand ball but if you do experience this problem, please just tell the buyer to select only one item to pay for at a time. And if they only have one item in the cart such as one of my buyers then ask them to purchase another, cancel original transaction blah blah etc... 😞 bumma

Message 30 of 78
Latest reply