Why has my traffic and Sales Stopped?

The last 2 weeks have been the worst ever for sales for me. I just checked my traffic report, and at the same time last month I was averaging 10-15 visits per day. All of a sudden traffic has dropped to virtually zero for about 7 days running. I hadnt had even 1 zero day last month.

Dropping prices to less than cost hasnt helped. What is going on? Please help - another week like this and its no longer worth it. Sell off any remaining stock and leave Ebay after 10 years.

😞

Message 1 of 78
Latest reply
77 REPLIES 77

If a buyer contacts you re blocks due to address go to Accounts> site preferences>buyer requirements>buyer requirements activity log. This wil show you log of blocked buyers you can manually overrides buyers who primary address is blocked.

this is worth ever5yone checking as you may not know it is happening

also if on your listings you have countries you dont ship to and you have Oceania checked, it can block Aus sellers. I had a couple of listings were this had somehow been selected.

-------------------------------

ASSUMPTION IS THE MOTHER OF ALL STUFF UPS!!
Message 31 of 78
Latest reply

@retrofox.ninja wrote:

Well now I had a buyer send me a screenshot of saying they can not pay and every item purchased today is the same thing.

There is a problem here and it is not me! Is anyone else getting this happen? It seems it won't allow people to pay! Oh wowScreenshot 2015-03-19 19.18.09.pngScreenshot 2015-03-19 19.18.25.png

This was a glitch a few months back and I think people were getting around to it by sending an invoice. It became quite annoying because usually with my items that show free postage, buyers were still having to wait for an invoice instead of just paying.

Message 32 of 78
Latest reply

Well something happened. From the day I stated this thread my traffic returned to typical levels after being ZERO for nearly 2 weeks. (It has never been zero for even one day previously).

Sales have followed. Im going to start wearing a tin foil hat.

Cheers

Message 33 of 78
Latest reply

Same for me and a friend of mine , i don't understand why????

Message 34 of 78
Latest reply

We have just had our slowest day in three years. Awesomesauce

Message 35 of 78
Latest reply

@key_mart_au wrote:

Well something happened. From the day I stated this thread my traffic returned to typical levels after being ZERO for nearly 2 weeks. (It has never been zero for even one day previously).

Sales have followed. Im going to start wearing a tin foil hat.

Cheers

Maybe that is the answer to no sales? Start an eBay store making tin-foil hats..............looks like more and more people are going to need them as they become aware that it is not a level playing field and that there are limits to what you can sell. Sadly it looks like the throttling limits have been set at a lower rate too?

Message 36 of 78
Latest reply

My daughter had a big flood of sales the first week of March - books & collectables. I had 1 sale in that timeframe. My listings double hers in the usual scheme of things. She had auctions with multibids & higher than expected end prices. I had very few views, no BINs purchased & no bids on auction items except that one sale.

I figure my lights were turned off & my daughter's were on & vice versa. Different surname & username for both of us. No rhyme nor reason as to what's seen & what sells. I've searched both our items in the dying minutes of an auction, & nothing was showing. These were one offs that should have been showing in ending soonest auction mode & even best match (given that title words were used for the search)

I'm wondering if all has anything to do with those silly ebay emails on updating title lines, offer freepost, add description stuff? I did a check & some of their suggestions were just plain silly! Had nothing to do with what I was actually selling! (& I always use the full title line, add descriptions & such - yet still they keep trying to teach me how to suck eggs! ) Anyone else peeved by the nonsense emails from ebay?

Message 37 of 78
Latest reply

@redders_60 wrote:

My daughter had a big flood of sales the first week of March - books & collectables. I had 1 sale in that timeframe. My listings double hers in the usual scheme of things. She had auctions with multibids & higher than expected end prices. I had very few views, no BINs purchased & no bids on auction items except that one sale.

I figure my lights were turned off & my daughter's were on & vice versa. Different surname & username for both of us. No rhyme nor reason as to what's seen & what sells. I've searched both our items in the dying minutes of an auction, & nothing was showing. These were one offs that should have been showing in ending soonest auction mode & even best match (given that title words were used for the search)

I'm wondering if all has anything to do with those silly ebay emails on updating title lines, offer freepost, add description stuff? I did a check & some of their suggestions were just plain silly! Had nothing to do with what I was actually selling! (& I always use the full title line, add descriptions & such - yet still they keep trying to teach me how to suck eggs! ) Anyone else peeved by the nonsense emails from ebay?

I almost got caught out by the eBay emails! Posted last week that I fell hook line and sinker in to the trap of thinking my sales were slow because I was ignoring their suggestions. Changed my listing to comply with 'fast and free' and no discernable difference, except I almost got stung $25 because that 'fast and free' can bite you in the rear if an item is returned to you by Australia Post and you have to refund!!

Message 38 of 78
Latest reply

I'm glad I haven't given in to their suggestions then! The only freepost I offer is on large letter rate post items. Thanks for the heads up on your situation! Much food for thought!

BTW.... I lost my TRS & Powerseller status last week. No courtesy email from ebay to let me know about this. I did ring CS (Phillipines operator replied) who had no clue as to why both just disappeared, nor why ebay hadn't even sent an email. Poor form on ebay's behalf!

They send useless emails dipping their noses into our businesses, but can't inform us of a major change in our selling status? Nor why TRS & PS were removed. (I'm at 5's for my dashboard, no negs, no neuts, no returns for past 12 months, well probably about 3 years) - Yet I get silly emails on "How we'ver protected your account" - usually about early returns - that would be fine if I'd sold anything (one month I sold 1 thing on a cash pickup & got that carp message), or that anyone might have requested a return - touch wood no returns under their new policy to date! But ebay have protected me & my selling account! I sometimes wonder if I'm being protected from myself?

Message 39 of 78
Latest reply

I wish mine had started again, where do you get a tin foil hat from???My friend is also no sales for 2 weeks never happened before Thanks X

Message 40 of 78
Latest reply