Why won't seller return my item....even though I refunded as E bay seemed to be getting very pushy .

rolajenn
Community Member

BUYER WON"T RETURN MY ITEM EVEN THOUGH SHE HAS BEEN FULLY REFUNDED           E bay are not helping and say I should not have refunded until item was returned .....I was even happy to pay postage ....she just doesn't answer emails .........now has money and tea set .....what can I do ??    ebay refunded her from my paypal .....thanks     Bri

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Why won't seller return my item....even though I refunded as E bay seemed to be getting very pushy .

cq_tech
Community Member
Ring eBay (not email) and tell the that you will be complaining immediately to the following, ACORN, the FOS and the ACCC, then go ahead and DO IT! If you don't, you'll never see your money again. The fact that eBay is acting both illegally and immorally appears to be irrelevant to them. Also email buyer and tell them you intend complaining to the police about obtaining goods by deception, then lodge a stat dec and do that as well.
Message 2 of 26
Latest reply

Thank you very much ......I do appreciate it    Jen

Message 3 of 26
Latest reply

I''m confused,  first you say you refunded them, than you say Ebay refunded them.  Which is it

Message 4 of 26
Latest reply

She means ebay refunded the Buyer out of her (the Sellers pay pal account). So yes, the Buyer has her money back, PLUS the Buyer has kept the Tea Set as well.
Message 5 of 26
Latest reply

E bay are not helping and say I should not have refunded until item was returned .

OP is a very confusing post.  

Doesn't sound like ebay refunded at all, but she did.

Message 6 of 26
Latest reply

rolajenn
Community Member

Sorry  if  I sound  stupid......Ebay  refunded  seller  out  of  my  paypal  account .......therefor  she has my teaset AND  my money ......many thanks   Jen

Message 7 of 26
Latest reply

Jen, for future sales, NEVER refund a buyer until the item has been received back.
Message 8 of 26
Latest reply

You can pull the buyer's contact details and phone them, just politely ask why they have not returned the tea set. Let them know you will refund the return post on receipt of the item.
Message 9 of 26
Latest reply

I don't understand the refund process on Ebay as it changes depending on which Ebay rep I speak with.

Some say to never refund and allow Ebay to initiate the refund, others say you can do it at anytime, others say to only refund through Paypal and not involve Ebay as it's unrelated (even though this means you are still charged the Ebay final valuation fee on the refunded amount).

It's a very tedious process and everytime it's one or two hours on the phone plus several emails. Last time I received $1.16 final valuation credit refund after over an hour on the phone.

Message 10 of 26
Latest reply