Will Large Letter Items be delivered to a Parcel Locker? Registered Mail

Just had a sale and when I sent the invoive it is a parcel locker. This item because of the price it sold for is only sent registered mail. Where do I Stand?

Gayle

Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

As far as I know if a signature is required then the item will have to be picked up at the post office.  No doubt the Locker will be carded just as a PO box is.

I am sure there will be someone else along who has actually had experience of the parcel lockers....I know I haven't.

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

From AusPost website:

A Parcel Locker is great for all sorts of deliveries, but there are a few things that can't be delivered:

Letters and standard mail that can be delivered to your letterbox -

Express Post letters

Parcels larger than 39 x 36 x 64cm

Parcels heavier than 16kg

Parcels that require proof of identity

Parcels that require the recipient's ID to be recorded at delivery

Parcels where there is a payment required on delivery

Parcels that are damaged or unsuitably packaged

Parcels delivered by a courier that has chosen not to deliver to our parcel lockers

Parcels containing alcohol

Parcels containing perishables

Probably best to contact the buyer. Is the PP address the same as the Ebay address? 

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

SOD items are deliverable to parcel lockers (namely because SOD is related to the delivery address - anyone at an address can sign for it without having to produce ID, therefore whoever places it into the parcel locker can technically be the signatory - person to person can only be delivered to the addressee, so that's one service where ID needs to be produced and can't go to a locker).

The item being sent as a large letter aside, if memory serves, however, tracking and updates is 50/50 when it comes to parcel lockers, and dependent on who does the last scanning event, as in the past sometimes they show as 'delivered' when they get to the locker, and sometimes as 'awaiting collection', and if the latter, it can never be updated beyond that because no one mans the lockers to do the final scan event. 

When someone signs up for a parcel locker, I believe they have to provide an alternative delivery address, and any AP mail that is not deliverable to the locker gets redirected to that address. I have personally addressed numerous large letters to parcel lockers, and none of the buyers have ever messaged me with any issues with those, but none of them were registered. I dd send a parcel which required SOD, and that went to the locker. 

If it's a high value item, maybe paying a little more for a parcel might be possible? A registered large letter would be $5.10, $5.80 or $6.20, depending on the weight, so if a few dollars extra wouldn't hurt, you could send it via the parcel service just to ensure it goes to the locker. 

Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

saarzi
Community Member

Was "registered post" detailed in your listing?

If it was, theres no problem.

If it wasnt, Id call or email the buyer and let them know that you noticed their address is a Parcel Locker, and youre not sure how it works so wanted to let them know its registered post, just in case the Post Office makes them pick it up from the shop and he doesnt have the ability to make it to the Post Office during opening hours. If he says thats an issue, and you dont want to send it with tracking only, offer to mutually cancel the sale.

If you dont contact him, and you didnt let him know prior to purchase via the listing that it was registered post, and he has to pick it up from the PO and he doesnt like that or is unable to, youre likely to get a neg.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

Digi saves the day again.

I knew there would be someone out there that had first hand knowledge of the Parcel Locker system.

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

We have sent regular mail large letter items to parcel lockers before and never had any complaints from the buyer about delivery problems.
Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

@saarzi wrote:

Was "registered post" detailed in your listing?

If it was, theres no problem.

If it wasnt, Id call or email the buyer and let them know that you noticed their address is a Parcel Locker, and youre not sure how it works so wanted to let them know its registered post, just in case the Post Office makes them pick it up from the shop and he doesnt have the ability to make it to the Post Office during opening hours. If he says thats an issue, and you dont want to send it with tracking only, offer to mutually cancel the sale.

If you dont contact him, and you didnt let him know prior to purchase via the listing that it was registered post, and he has to pick it up from the PO and he doesnt like that or is unable to, youre likely to get a neg.

Registered Mail was listed in the discription, I have contacted the buyer asking for a PO Box Number Or Personal address and still waiting to hear back.. Now this Rises another problem.. If they supply another address for the item to be shipped to and it is not an address registered with Ebay or Paypal would that leave be open to a dispute if there is a problem with delivery?

Gayle

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

@clarry100 wrote:
We have sent regular mail large letter items to parcel lockers before and never had any complaints from the buyer about delivery problems.

I have also Clarry but this is Registered and Requires signature and proof of ID.

Thank You

Gayle

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply