With Ebay postage calculator is there a way to charge packaging costs ?

Hi, just getting back into selling after a break of 5years or so. I am finding the ebay postage calculator and the ability to print postage labels very convenient, however unless I missed it, I dont see a way of adding a packaging charge to the actual postage cost.

I'm not looking to profiteer, just trying to avoid being in the red. I dont have enough spare time (which is why I quit selling) to go and scrounge for free boxes, so I end up buying them from either Aus post or officeworks at aprox $2 each.

So, is there a simple way to add a fixed packaging fee to calculated postage charge?

Message 1 of 10
Latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

It should be just under your handling time.

Try 'add or remove options' for that section.

Message 2 of 10
Latest reply

hmm not seeing that option at all or an option, to "add options". Was thinking its maybe a Firefox issue, but tried at work using Chrome and still dont see any other options

Message 3 of 10
Latest reply

It is in the "Add postage details" section and below Handling time. It is called Handling cost.
Decoroo - Custom made wooden products
Message 4 of 10
Latest reply

I checked this page http://sellercentre.ebay.com.au/postage-and-shipping/postage-options

and it says same thing, talks about Add postage details section of the listing form. Click the Add or remove options link to see more choices.

Yet when I try to reviseor sell similar I dont see those options at all, I see a section titled How you will post it with no handling charge option and no option to Add or Remove options.

Maybe the issue is that I have been listing via Sell Similar ?

Message 5 of 10
Latest reply

nope, so much for that theory. Tried listing through Sell on ebay page rather than Sell simila, I still see section titled How you will post it & whether I select Select Postage for me or Select Psotage Myself, I still see no option for Handling Charges and no link to Add or Remove Options. Got to say this is pretty frustrating

Message 6 of 10
Latest reply

Are you using the quick listing tool or the advanced? Click to list a new item and when the new page opens, have a look in the top right corner. Does it say "switch to advanced tool" or "switch to quick listing tool"? If it says switch to advanced, click on that. Ignore the warning and hit switch. You should then be able to find the add/remove options above each section.

Message 7 of 10
Latest reply

thanks, finally all is clear. I was using quick. Tried advanced and now I see the handling charge options. I did point out that I havent listed in 5years.

Message 8 of 10
Latest reply

If you hadn't listed for 5 years, chances are you would have been using what is now the advanced listing tool. Then they introduced the quick lister which became the default for new sellers or those that hadn't listed for awhile. If I were you I'd stick with the advanced as you have a lot more options to use.

I hadn't listed anything for ages and then when I did, the quick lister appeared. I just assumed that was the norm at the time. It was only by accident that I came across the advanced one and stuck with it because of all the extra features and options.

Once you've used the advanced a few times, it should come up by default when you go to create a new listing. Existing listings will probably stay as the quick version and you'll get that if you use sell similar. You can change existing listings to advanced by editing. After you click the link at the top and ignored the warning, the next screen will show the box where you would insert a search term to create a new listing. Under that will be a link to your listing. Clicking on that will (should) transfer everything from the listing into the advanced mode. That way you don't have to redo the whole listing.

Message 9 of 10
Latest reply

I used to get fancy with html & flash & then used turbo lister......this time just created 1 quick listing and for the subsequent listings, just used sell similar. Will take a loss on postage on a few of the items. So be it

Message 10 of 10
Latest reply