Your selling privileges have been temporarily restricted: Ivory - Part 1

THIS IS A PS TO An earlier unrepeatable email:

ITS OBVIOUS YOU DIDNT READ MY EMAIL IN ITS ENTIRETY.

I FOLLOWED YOUR INSTRUCTIONS TO THE LETTER ON THE EARLIER SO -CALLED TRANSGRESSIONS, WAS EVEN GIVEN A "THANKS FOR COMPLYING " EMAIL.

THE LAST TIME, I EVEN TOLD YOU THAT YOU MISSED THIS ONE. (NO ANSWER), RELISTED IT SEVERAL TIMES SINCE. I HAVE EVEN PREVIOUSLY REQUESTED YOUR APPROVAL FOR POLICY COMPLIANCE ON OTHER ITEMS (NO RESPONSE).

INSTEAD OF ARBITRARILY SUSPENDING ANY PREMIUM SELLER WITH A 100% CUSTOMER SATISFACTION RATING, SEND AN EMAIL FIRST, OR CALL AT THE VERY LEAST. SUSPENSION SHOULD BE THE LAST STEP, NOT THE FIRST.

I'M TIRED OF ARGUING WITH EBAY UNDERLINGS IN MALAYSIA ABOUT AUSTRALIAN LAW. DO YOU HONESTLY THINK I COULD GET IVORY PAST AUSTRALIAN CUSTOMS? MOST SELLERS WRITE WHATS ON THE SIDE OF THE DAMNED BOX IT COMES IN.

EVEN IF I COULD, DO YOU HONESTLY THINK I'D SELL IVORY HANDLED KNIVES FOR A MEASLY $49.95????

DADDYKOOL

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

This is not Ebay you are contacting here.  We are simply members like yourself and not able to fix your problems.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

hi daddy i am going to be reasonable with you. you were warned about a month ago infact they took or you were told not to sell this knife on ebay again.  get this in your head it does not matter if its legal in this country , if ebay dont want you to sell this product ,then thats that, even if its a fake material or what. nothing to do with legality.

look if you move into a unit and it says no pets allowed ,then thats the landlords right, but its not ilegal to keep pets in genaral , but on your leese it states it.  now on ebays policy you are not allowed to sell this product  it does not matter if its plastic. a plastic handle  they are not comfortable with it, there decision not the laws.

if ebay dont want sellers to sell toothpicks ,on there site , they dont need a reason.

the reason you are giving about if it was real ivory how would i get it thru customs  [ please  ]  ever heard of drugs guns people

i know your upset but just dont have it for sale you have lots of other knifes you sell.  good luck

Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Totally missing the point as usual, Joe.  Arguing a point with eBay via email is a complete waste of time because they're read by bots, not people? This issue is something which will only be solved by speaking with an eBay CS. Or even easier, simply relist the offending item without any reference to "ivory" in your listing, then it will be ignored by the bots.

Incidentally, according to CITES, ivory can be sold perfectly legally as long as the animal from which it was taken was slaughtered (I don't like the illegal ivory trade either) prior to February 26, 1976. The following link will give you all the answers you need to read before you make an even bigger fool of yourself.

http://www.fws.gov/international/travel-and-trade/ivory-ban-questions-and-answers.html

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

get the point its against the policy that he signed  its got nothing to do with laws , ebay say we wont allow this product [thats it]  he was warned not long ago to take that product off   in fact just like with you  seen you bring it up. 

please if you have left ebay   dont waste peoples time by posting here  this is for sellers only  thank you

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

@joethenuts wrote:

please if you have left ebay   dont waste peoples time by posting here  this is for sellers only  thank you

Joe, this forum is most certainly not restricted to "sellers only" it is for members to ask questions about selling

There are many members here that don't sell but do have the knowledge to help with selling questions.

"Start me up I'll never stop......"
Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

padi  i dont need people to talk about my thick skull  ,people dont have to agree with me , the thing is she quit ebay thats fine  but i dont like to be talked that way , from someone who no longer partisipates on this site.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Joe, this site it for ebay MEMBERS....not only for sellers.

CQ is still a registered member and can still buy from this site.

You have no right to tell others whether they can post on the boards or not.

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

and they have no right to call me thick skulled.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Daddy with all the grief these darn knives have caused you do you not think you should try selling something else or at least ones that are not the least bit suspect on ebay's radar?
Message 10 of 17
Latest reply